~ 13 ~

two weeks later

Sylvie

For the past two weeks, I've spent most of my days pretending to not be in the mood to anything and just stayed in my room most of the time. 

Today is the last part of my phase 1 plan, the last movement of the camera to create the most perfect blind spot through which I can escape without a trace. 

I successfully hacked into Andrea and Aurelio's phones gathering as much information as possible about the security systems. 

Phase 2 of this plan starts at 11.20pm at night, I somehow was able to collect some drugs from the basement at 2am last night when everyone was asleep. I assume these are used to drug the prisoners as I had read on Aurelio's phone.

I'm going to be mixing this in the drinks at dinner, since they show much importance to their wine here, I will be adding it to that. Hopefully they don't notice the change in taste. 

After that, I'm going make my way out of here, I had a pair of crutches through which I used to try walking before, it was helpful until it started causing me hand pains. 

I had asked Aurelio to pack it when we had shifted here, so it was the most perfect thing to take with me while trying to escape. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when someone knocked on the door, I quickly closed my laptop and muttered 'come in' to whoever was on the other side.

Luca poked his head through the door, "I'm setting up the dinner table, you wanted to help right?" I have been waiting for this. 

I put up a small smile and join Luca in the kitchen, I manage pour in the drugs in the wine glasses slowly swirling them around to make sure they're properly mixed. 

"Dinner's ready," I announce to everyone as I hear footsteps approaching the kitchen, I just hope my plan goes by smoothly and I won't ever have to see their faces again. I can't believe they'd lie to me and keep me here like this. 

Andrea

Sylvie has been acting weird for the past couple of days, she doesn't talk to anyone, just sits in her room all the time. Only comes out for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 

Sometimes she even skips meals telling she doesn't feel ok, and I understand she's grieving, but something doesn't feel right. 

I've been trying to get her to talk to me, but she's always on alert when one of us are around. She flinched when I tried to hug her. 

She was afraid I was going to hurt her, I would never do that. But she felt that I would, and I've failed as the eldest of the family. 

I pulled out of my thoughts when my phone starts ringing. I pick up immediately looking at the caller ID, one of my oldest friends, Nico Rossi. 

The Rossi family have been working under us for generations, in fact the first family to come under the protection of our mafia was the Rossi family. 

Me and Nico have been friends since birth. It was always us four, 'the fantastic four' as Grace liked to call it. 

Me, Nico, Aldo, Alessandro, it was us against the world until recently Aldo inherited the American mafia and had to shift to New York, and Alessandro went along with him as his right hand man.  

Nico and I stayed here managing the Italian mafia. Even though we all are separated by distance, we always find our way back to eachother. 

"How is Sylvie?" He asks me without even letting me greet him. "She's ok, you know you can meet her when you come back right?" I mention, as he's been busy for the past few weeks on a mission.