Prologue Pt.2

McKenzie (Age 18)

Amadeus (Age 21)

McKenzie sat on the toilet with shaking hands as her boyfriend Amadeus was right by her side, and they were patiently but nervously awaiting the answers that they needed from the small plastic item sitting in McKenzie's shaky hands, having the answer that would determine the rest of their lives in the moment. Amadeus looks up at Ken when he hears a sniffle and he looks up at her softly seeing tears streaking down her face

"We're so young...I don't want to ruin what we have because of this," she says as her voice cracks and Amadeus looks at her sympathetically before pulling her into his lap and hugging her tightly to his chest, and she sobs in his arms.

"Ken," he says softly getting her to look at him with her teary face, sniffling to keep her nasal contents from getting on his t-shirts. "You'd never ruin anything for us. A baby would be stressful and a lot, but if anything it just means the next step in our lives a little earlier than we thought, and that's okay. I love you no matter what. I would never leave you, and if anything I've always been scared I'd ruin our relationship. From the beginning I thought I was going to mess everything up, but when I met you I knew in that moment that everything was going to be okay." He caresses her cheek with his calloused hands. "Okay?"

She nods seemingly on the bridge of tears. "How the hell can you make me want to cry more when you're trying to make me feel better?"

"Magic?" He says sheepishly and she laughs tearily and hugs him tightly, and she buries her head in his shoulder and the timer on his phone that had kept them anxiously waiting for the past few minutes went off, and they both looked at the clock.

"Holy shit. Moment of truth," McKenzie says as she takes a deep breath, running a hand through her hair as Amadeus wraps his arms around her waist, putting his chin on her shoulder and closing his eyes, whiffing in her scent.

As weird as it had sounded, he still couldn't believe she was his.

"Am."

"Yeah?" His eye peeks open to look at her face, and it looks in a state of shock.

"I'm pregnant."

His jaw drops. "Oh my god..."

She looked at him sheepishly. "We're having a baby?"

He runs a hand through his hair and exhales. "Whew. This should be fun,"

McKenzie groans as she leans her forehead against his chest. "We're fucked."

"Don't say that," he remarks.

McKenzie looked up at him. "Why?"

"That's how this happened!"

She looked at him confused.

"You don't know how this happened? I fu-"

"AM!"

And out of that came Sebastian Stone, their firstborn son. Before they knew it, two years later, they were having another one two years later with their two year old son.

McKenzie (Age 20)

Amadeus (Age 23)

Amadeus walked in on her just staring at the counter as their toddler was wriggling in his arms as he was just playing with him in their small living room apartment, baby toys and clothes everywhere on the floor. McKenzie was looking at something in her hands in their bedroom in shock. "You okay babe?"

McKenzie looked at him, and it was the same look she had given him when she found out she was pregnant with their first child and he looked at her with shock as she held up the positive test.

"Oh sh-"

"Language." she scolded him.

"Are you-"

"Dead serious." she sighed. "We can barely handle Seb, how can we handle two..."

Amadeus sighed. "We really need to start using protection."

"Am!"

"What?"

"Not in front of our toddler." she said through her teeth.

"He doesn't understand!"

McKenzie rubbed her face tiredly, and he realizes she's being stressed out and he comes in the room, sitting next to her as their two year old reaches over to his mother and she smiles as she hugs her son, kissing his forehead. "Hi baby," she coos at him and he babbles incoherently as he waves his arms up and down. "You ready to be a big brother?"

Their son just stares at her and she chuckles, tickling him as Amadeus watched them fondly

And out of that came their second born daughter, Helen Stone. Before they knew it, again, a year later, their toddler and infant had been keeping their hands full when they found out they were having another. Dear Lord.

McKenzie (Age 21)

Amadeus (Age 24)

Gwen and Miles were over as they had dropped their three kids off at Miles's dad's house, and as McKenzie had to bribe Miles with food so they could babysit their kids for them, leading him to bring Gwen with him as Amadeus and McKenzie were preparing to go on a date. That was until he heard the noise of his wife vomiting into the toilet.

Am sighed as he stopped fixing his tie. "You okay hon?" he says as he looks over into the bathroom door. McKenzie holds a sarcastic thumbs up while shutting the door as she vomited again.

"Damn Am, you must have them good testicles if you're getting her pregnant that much," Gwen said with a cheeky smirk as she tickled Sebastian.

"GWEN!" Amadeus exclaimed, his face turning red as Miles laughs as he holds baby Helen.

"What? You didn't say anything when I taught him his first curse word."

"I'm sorry you did what?" Amadeus looks over at her.

"Come on, say the magic word Sebby," Gwen cooed as Sebastian looked at his father with a grin.

"Fuck." he says giggling.

Am facepalmed and groaned.