A lost beginning.

It's my first day at Belgrave University, and I am totally and utterly nervous. I've moved country for this uni, and as much as I'm nervous, it's a new start, away from the memories and in a place where newer ones can be formed. I am however exited for the new chapter of my life, and with a full scholarship and board as well, an unexpected surprise for me. Oh, wow! It is way bigger than any secondary schools or colleges back home; well, I guess that is expected as it is a university.

So far I have found my accommodation and set up my room. My dorm room is of nice size, with an old fashioned desk sat in front of the window, a small bed by the left wall with a bedside table near the headboard, on the right wall was a collection of dressers and wardrobes. I think I was lucky with this room as a large number of dorms are double rooms, and a lot of people have to bunk with a random roommate. I think I would absolutely dispise that as I prefer my privacy and I enjoy the peace of my own room where I won't be irritated by a roommate, or if they go through my stuff.

The view from my window overlooks the centre of campus, with the trees and flowers along with the vegetable garden. I also view the main buildings , the library. Sciences block, English and philosophy blocks as well as arts and engineering subjects; but also an old derelict building that is opposite the dorms and is fenced off. Surrounding it is rusted fences, a garden of dying or dead plants, and an ivy that is climbing up the side of the building and through the peeling windows. Some gut feeling inside has me wanting to avoid the haunted house of horrors.

After fixing my bedsheets, tidying away my clothes into their new spots and decorating the rest of the room with reminders of home, my trinkets and previous adventures; I set off on my adventure around campus in an attempt to gather my bearings on campus. The dorm rooms live westside on campus, and there are multiple that sit in a collective . Each building is for the different years that are studying on campus from first years to fourth years. Passing out of my building, I wandered around each building with an attempt to follow my simplistic, primary school level, chess board of a crappy map that looks like it should be used for an orienteering course on summer camp. It got me incredibly lost.

Somewhere in one of the main buildings, I had become especially lost , so I wandered up to a mousey-brown haired boy and lightly tapped his shoulder. Spinning round, his bold blue eyes glistening, "Hi, how can I help you?" He asked politely.
"Umm, hi. I'm a tad lost, I've been wandering campus to kinda sus it our and I feel like I've been wandering in circles for ages just to try and get out of this building, alone, and I was wondering if you didn't mind showing how to get out of this maze." I explained.
"Oh, that's fine. It is easy to get turned around here, especially if you're not used to these larger campuses like Belgrave." He smiled, "to be fair, I can give you a tour of campus if you want, I'm currently not tied up with anything. If you would like."
"You really don't have to... but if you could, it would be a major help." I begged slightly with thanks, "only if it's truly no trouble."
"Trust me, no trouble at all. Anyways, to begin, I'm Jack, a second year student who is still deciding on a major." He announced with slight amusement.
" Dam, well then, hello Jack, I'm Sam, and if it wasn't obvious enough, I'm a freshman who spent the past 18 years of my life living in England and attending small colleges and secondary school." I introduced.
"Well then, Sam, shall we begin?" Stated Jack. He guided me around the buildings, and he showed me the small passages to hide in and the ones to use to get to different classes faster. Jack took me from building to building and stated random facts as we went about each spot. It was probably, simultaneously, the weirdest and yet he best campus tour I have ever had. He was able to answer every question I had as well as other answers to questions I didn't realise I had. Jack even took me around the forest surrounding, showing fun walks or running routes to go on, even though he knew everything about any of the other parts of campus, he seemed to quieten down as we passed an old house that stood in a clearing. I began to question this house, but it got repeatedly dismissed.
"Jack, hey. Jack. What's this building?" I asked in a gesture towards the wooden shack. He avoided. "Jack, what is this place? It isn't clear as to what it is on the map. It seems well used from the outside and almost lived in." I questioned once again.
"O, it's nothing much, Sam. It's only an old janitor building or something like that." He was clearly avoiding he the questions, but I allowed it, I'll just snoop later. "Shall we continue on, Sam." Snaping my attention back, we passed on; but that building lingered in the back of my .ind all the way back to campus.