Day One

Instead of waking up in the middle of the woods naked and absolutely covered in blood and mud, I woke up in the warmth of my own. Bed, with a banging headache and fully clothed. This time, I remembered everything that happened.
We got absolutely pissed, and I think I became completely inaudible to my new American friends. I laughed to myself for a bit until I realised the time. "Shit! I gotta go." Blurting that out loud. I grabbed my bag, map, and keys and dashed out of my room. Stumbling out of my room and fumbling with the lock, I attempted to lock my door in a rush and ended up almost breaking my keys. Both anger of almost damaging my keys, as well as the fear of being late to my first class, infuriated Midnight. He began to take over, and I winced into the locked door with my hand grasped on the key. It was excruciating. It was not the same pain as he first time but still excruciating. Rushing over to me, I noticed Jack dashing from the end of the corridor to me. Unlocking my door, he pushed me inside and locked the door behind us. Collapsing on the floor, I needed to let him out.
"Let him out. It'll help." Jack pushed.
I screamed. Midnight roared. Moments later, I had Jack rubbing my back as I was balling my eyes out on the floor with just my bedsheet covering me. I thought I had all of this under control. I guess it's more complicated than I realised.

"You alright now?" Asked Jack calmly.
"NO! I'm not Fucking alright!" I shouted. "I'm a fucking werewolf that can't even close a flipping door properly and who has probably just missed their first lecture of the day, no, the year." As tears rolled down my face, Jack picked out a comfy top, underwear and trousers for me to wear, and placed them beside me as he took my ripped clothes and binned them. Gathering up my bag and keys, he organised my room and briefly assess the doings of people outside in the corridor. Nobody seems to be bothered.
"OK, it's alright. It's just like driving a car, it can take some people longer to get the hang of it than others. Or you ace it on the first test then instantly crash it on your first drive out by yourself." Stated Jack in attempt to calm me down. I chucked and donned the clothes and a pair of trainers, then rose up grabbing my stuff and asked, "can you help me find my first lecture, I want an alaby for as to why I'm late, if that's alright." Jack smiled and agreed. We stepped out of the room, Jack locked the door and guided me to my first lecture, making sure Midnight didn't turn up on the way.

On the way, Jack shared his breakfast bar with me and pointed out the people he knew and those who he knew were apart of The Order. He reminded me of calming techniques and also shared the phone numbers of himself, Randall, Hamish and Lilith. He specifically told me that if I felt in any sort of way panicked, angry or scared, or even if I heard the ringing, that I was to immediately text the group chat for help and my location, if at all possible. This was all incredibly reassuring, especially since I was entirely new to the whole control thing, and that Midnight was apparently incredibly overprotective. As much as I was terrified of what could happen today, I was calm in the reassurance that Jack was there, to help. Oh, and Lilith, Hamish and Randall.

Landing at the lecture I was late to, Jack finally pointed out that Hamish was lecturing in the room a few doors down from this hall.
*knock knock* "This is the start to Mythology right?" Jack asked with confidence.
Whipping his head around to see what soul had interrupted his lecture, the teacher replied, "No its sarcasm 101. Are you blind, of course its Mythology. Of all people Jack I'd wonder why you're asking that question. Anyways why are you here?"
"Oh yeah, sorry Mr Haunton. I was just helping Sam to her lecture, she kinda got incredibly lost and ended up in the science block." Jack lied.
"OK yeah, yeah, that's fine." Mr Haunton dismissed Jack, "Come on in then Sam, and have a seat. We were just going through the genres of Mythology an what we're going to cover this semester."
"It'll be alright Sam. I'm just a text away if ya need me." Jack whispered as he walked down the corridor.

Finding a seat in the lecture hall, I got comfy and opened a random notepad from my bag and grabbed a pen. I began writing what was on the board down quietly as I listened to Mr Haunton talk about the different mythologies. He spoke of the classics; Greek, Roman, Norse, Egyptian, as well as European and the ones in specific countries with significance, the American mythologies and a few numerous others. He ended on the school Mythology, but dismissed it with a slight choughtle. Gathering my stuff into my bag, I placed my notepad near the back and my pencil case in the middle. I double checked where my keys were, and moved my wallet into my pocket. After that I began following the rest of the class out of the room with my phone in my hand, but Mr Haunton stopped me in my tracks.
"Why were you late?" He interrogated.
"Just as Jack said, I got lost in the science block, that's all." I responded.
"Hmmm, somehow I don't believe that story. Just because you are new to this school and country, doesn't mean I heave to be lenient." Said Mr Haunton waggling his finger. I hid my fist behind my back as I felt Midnight surfacing.
"I'm sorry Mr Haunton, I promise this is the first and last time I'll ever be late to your lecture." I promised, trying my hardest to keep Midnight in.
"Well, make sure to do the research, I expect your essay to be on British Mythology, little miss Lon-" Mr Haunton was cut off by a light tap on the doorframe.
"I do hope I'm not interrupting anything, but can I steal your student here for just a moment," Interrupted Hamish as he locked eyes with me, beads of sweat descending from my forehead as I attempted to hold Midnight back.
"Yeah go ahead Hamish, I had just finished our conversation anyways." Mr Haunton Smirked.