[7] Always Watching

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter Characters! :D

[7] Always Watching

            I sat on the couch in the Ravenclaw common room trying to finish my homework. So far I had finished everything except for my A History of Magic essay. I looked around the empty room; everyone was gone out to the Great Hall for dinner, everyone except for me that is. The silenced filled the room eerily as I sat there alone listening to the slow hum of students chattering in the Great Hall. I heard a low wail as I slightly jumped in my seat; I turned around and looked at the Grey Lady floating around momentarily in the common room. She looked at me for a moment, as if she wanted to say something, and then she turned and left through the wall. I tried to focus back on my essay, but it was difficult; due to the face that it felt as if I was being watched. I hated being so paranoid, I never was so paranoid, but I just felt anxious. I was paranoid enough to send my mum a letter telling her about this new professor and things going on in Hogwarts. All except for my dreams and the constant images of those sinister yellow eyes.

I looked down at my right hand where the pass from Professor Charles was still written in beautiful black cursive lay on my palm. It stared up at me; it almost felt as if the handwriting was slightly burning my skin, every time I looked down at my palm it seemed to be a bit redder. Though I doubt that was the case, I think I was just paranoid to make myself believe that. Especially since I was alone in the Ravenclaw common room with none of my friends. I groaned in frustration, I had brought this on myself, I told them I wouldn’t be coming to dinner and now I was regretting it even more.

I heard a loud rumbled and immediately thanked God that no one was actually in the common room. The rumbling had come from my stomach, I frowned, and I was so stressed out at lunch trying to hide my notebook from the boys that I had forgotten to eat lunch. And now, here I was skipping dinner so I could think about what these eyes meant, I groaned in frustration, this was the longest I believe I’ve gone without eating. I wasn’t one of those girls, who starved herself to get skinny, and I really didn’t want to do that, but I just didn’t feel like I could eat. I finished the last sentence in my paragraph as I threw my book and notebook down on the ground as I collapsed further in the comfy couch.

At least I could rest without being hassled by my friends, well until tonight that is. I looked down at the floor of the common room to see all my supplies sprawled all over the floor; I spotted my purple notebook hidden in the jumbled mess. It looked as if it were staring at me, I’m sure it would be if it had eyes. I rolled off the couch onto the floor and crawled over to the notebook, once I was over by my notebook, my hand hesitated in opening it. I immediately flipped it open, turning page after page seeing those eyes stare at me, finally I came upon the page I was looking for.

It was the most detailed drawing I had created. I stared down at the words I had written, Semper Vigilio. I titled my head curiously, Semper… it was Latin, did it mean something? “Semper….” I said quietly staring at the notebook and the yellow eyes. They looked as if they were staring straight at me, watching me. “What does it mean?”

“What, does what mean?” I heard a voice as I let out a frightened scream. “Ah!” the voice yelled back as I heard a thud hit the floor, I looked up with my notebook in my hand ready to use it as a weapon if necessary. There crumpled on the floor was Teddy, his hair pale white and some kind of food on him.