An Unexpected Infatuation

(Please read the description)

Idia Shroud was the recluse housewarden of ignihyde dorm. The only person who he seems to care for and spend time with(willingly) was his younger brother Ortho, who was much more cheerful than his brother.

Yet.. Something had changed the night of orientation in his third year. He had not been expecting such an unusual curiosity. He's used to curiosity, a master with advancements and technology, but it was never like that. He tends to stray away from people, so this feeling towards some first year the carriage picked up by accident was unusual.

Ortho seemed pretty excited though.. He had mentioned that it would be nice to invite this person over to learn more about them and their situation.

Idia had quickly shut down his brother's idea, the thought of inviting somebody else into his safe haven sending a spike of anxiety through him. He had explained that it wouldn't be possible anyway, since Crowley would likely have to send you home.

After all, there is no way somebody without magic could attend a magic academy.

However, he was proved wrong when he found out that you had not, in fact, been sent home, taking up residence of a very.... Well, he doesn't even know how to properly describe Ramshackle dorm, but he genuinely felt bad for you.

When news got out about you getting into (pretty serious) trouble with a couple students on the first day, he wasn't too sure how to feel about it. A part of him felt that you were dragged into the whole mess by the two students and destructive kitty with you, but he didn't know you well enough to be sure that you weren't a total idiot.

He was a little surprised by how eventful the first day was(not for him), but he was even more surprised when he learned that you had become an actual student the next day(well, half a student but still).

If he wasn't convinced before, he is now. You were definitely the main character. Like, you even have a fluffy kitty companion! It kind of made him envious.

That is what he assumed the feelings to be. It was envy. He was jealous of the way that everything works out for you, of the way you got people to listen to you, and how you were able to become the hero needed to take down the main boss(es) irl.

He had not been expecting an overblot to happen at his school, much less five in the span of six months.. And yet, looking over them, only one variable remains the same. You.

You were so much more brave than him. You were like a gift sent from the gods. Perhaps you showing up at orientation wasn't a mistake after all.... But instead, it was fate.

His interest only went up as the school year progressed, and at some point, he had started hacking into school cameras to get a glimpse at you. He had said it was so that he could witness the main character's adventures live, like an irl anime. However Ortho was not fooled by this. Idia was lying to himself, telling himself that he thought of you so much because he was jealous, or because of the trouble you get into.

He remained in denial even when he got to a point he would sit in front of his screen, watching you for hours, though it never seemed that long for him, and he began craving more each day that goes by.

Ortho was ecstatic that his older brother was showing interest in another person, and so made it his mission to become friends with you.

You were surprised when he started showing up to chat or lend his assistance, but he was always very nice to you(not to mention Ortho is definitely one of your favorite characters), so you found yourself around Ortho a lot more often, and you'd say you're friends by now.