Live Laugh Love Ortho

"So.. what exactly do you do around here?"

You looked around the vast, dark expanse surrounding your figure, before drifting your gaze back towards your only companion at this moment.

Now, you still weren't too sure what was going on, or how the fuck any of this worked or was possible. But you decided it was easier just to chalk it up to ✨magic✨

You think you were in the middle of some tea party, where the two of you were the only attendees. But you weren't too sure, considering the liquid in your cup wasn't exactly suitable for human consumption.

All you could do was sit there in silence, eyes drifting along the overwhelming nothingness. '..Dammit, this is so awkward..'

A childlike giggle escaped his lips, his hand on his face. "Oh, I don't actually do much, so it would probably be pretty boring for you Eheh. You're the first outsider we've had, so we're all pretty excited~"

......

You stared at him, hesitant. "We.....?"

Your heart rate spiked upon a slimy sensation along the back of your hand, suddenly aware of the ominous whispers, groans, and giggles being emitted from the darkness surrounding you. A sweat built up on your forehead, as you dropped the 'tea cup' in your hand and stood up so suddenly you stumbled backwards. '..Damn iron deficiency'

More slimy sensations were felt along your arms and back, along with what felt like a human hand, as though stabilizing you.

You weakly tried to shake it off, but when it proved futile, you just stopped. When your vision cleared, you noticed that Ortho had gotten very close to you now, looking up at you with what you could only describe as concern.

"Please don't reject us...... You don't have to be afraid you know.. We just want to be your friend..."

He looked down briefly. He looked so sad.. :(

Without really thinking about it, and though it was probably against your better judgement, you lifted a hand to gently place it on the young boy's head. You felt the warmth of his fiery hair across your fingers. It was just like Idia's. His wide eyes snapped up to yours upon the contact, before a sense of excitement and joy coursed through him.

"Does this mean you want to be friends?"

He looked so happy and innocent, leaning into your hand and grabbing onto you tightly. It made your heart just melt. You didn't want to see his face contorted with sadness, so you stayed silent.

You couldn't bring yourself to refuse him, and brought him closer. You wrapped your arms around the young boy, who beamed up at you, squeezing you happily.

Just staring at his happy expression made a smile stretch across your face. Why did you have to be so weak to his cheerful face..

You merely sighed, preparing to accept your fate, before a small light hearted chuckle escaped your lips.

Ortho yelped quietly as he was suddenly picked up and spun around, before grinning wide and allowing laughter to spill from his throat.

Cheers and excited whispering soon filled the void as you set Ortho down onto the.. Ground?? Honestly you don't know if there even is a ground, but something's keeping you level.

"Yay! I've always wanted another sibling! We're gonna play games together, a-and we can go on adventures too! Just the three of us. Doesn't that sound fun??"

Ortho ranted excitedly, speaking really fast. Your smile was seemingly permanent as you only managed a fond glance, feeling your heart clench painfully.