The Isle of Woe

As Ortho dragged you by the arm through the (very cool) hallways of S.t.y.x, you tried to piece together what exactly was happening.

You were supposed to be left in the empty training room with Rook and Epel until everything went to shit. This didn't happen in the story, so you had no idea where he was taking you.

You didn't think he would bring you anywhere too dangerous or anything, but it made you a little curious. You, of course, were also kind of excited though. In the game, it never really went too into detail about things like the background or locations, so being able to see everything first hand and explore S.T.Y.X was pretty exciting.

He stopped abruptly in front of a cool futuristic looking door(that was what essentially all the doors looked like).

I hear a familiar voice as soon as the door was opened.

"..Why did both of my parents have to step out now, of all times?"

That's when Ortho walked in, still dragging you along by the arm. You recognized this scene. You weren't supposed to be there. Why were you there??

"Maybe they thought the subjects would be more at ease, since you all know eachother."

"Anyone with two brain cells could figure out that it's infinitely harder BECAUSE we know each other.
Classic mom and dad, always prioritizing efficiency over- EEP!"

Idia rolled his eyes, before stopping abruptly as his gaze landed on you, who shuffled awkwardly, unsure of what to do with your hands. Idia's hand shot up to grasp at the fabric covering his heart, feeling it suddenly increase in speed from the unexpected appearance.

He was clearly a bit frazzled by the sight, his face tinting a red hue as he attempted to calm his racing heart and not trip over his words.

"Ortho.. W-what are they doing here? They were supposed to be in the empty training room...."

That's when the others in the room apparently just took notice of your presence, letting out surprised gasps and exclamations.

"OI, what's the herbivore doing here?"

"That's what I'd like to know. How did they even get here??"

"Are they wearing a Pomefiore dorm uniform?"

Vil had apparently taken it upon himself to give you a once over and nod in approval.

"I admit, our uniform looks good on you"

You felt reasonably awkward at so many eyes staring at you expectantly. Rook and Epel weren't here to explain the situation with you, and you weren't sure how this interaction would effect the plot.

Luckily, Ortho had come to your rescue and saved the day(stan Ortho for clear skin).

"The prefect arrived at the isle only recently. They and their companions gave us all quite a shock when they suddenly showed up at our doorstep! That has never really happened before.. Not to mention the bizarre and unusual situation as a whole. Humans can be so strange sometimes."

That's where you but in. "..I'm pretty sure that's just Rook, Ortho...."

"Did you say Rook?"

Vil's eyes were wide at this information, before he let out an exasperated sigh.

"Rook is here as well?"

"..So is Epel"

".....Of course he is"

Shifting your weight nervously, you looked back at Ortho.

"So uh...... Why exactly did you bring me here..?"