𝟎𝟎. ( prologue. )

"YOU'RE NOT HAVING MY ROOM, ISSY

"YOU'RE NOT HAVING MY ROOM, ISSY." Jay Park stated firmly, glaring at his younger sister who rolled her eyes.

She, Isabel Park, and her family were at the airport getting ready to wave off her older brother and his best friend, Jake Sim, as they were heading for college in Australia.

When she was first told about the news of Jay leaving, she couldn't be more happier. She would be left with his gaming console, his trendy clothes, and his room and she wouldn't have to deal with his hogging the television and that made her excited for him to leave (she even helped him pack.) Although she was pleased that her brother was achieving things in life and leaving his things to her whilst he was away, her feelings weren't the same when she found out his best friend would be going also.

She felt her heart ache when she was told the news and felt her shoulders slump in sadness. She didn't want Jake to go. He always knew how to make her smile and laugh, and he bought her whatever she wanted whenever her brother wouldn't do it. It was safe to say she was spoilt by him. She was going to miss that and she was going to miss drooling over his visuals and ranting to her best friend about him having his arm around her that day.

"Make sure you two stick together." Isabel's mother warned, pointing her finger at the two tall boys — Jay rolling his eyes and Jake chuckling.

"Of course, Jihye." Jake reassured, wrapping his arm around the older women's shoulders and pulling her in for a hug whilst sending her a sweet, innocent smile.

The small group was interrupted by the sound of the tannoy announcing their flight would be boarding, and instantly, Issy felt her entire mood become dull.

"See you, nerd." Jay teased, hugging the shorter girl who rolled her eyes. "And stay out of my room!"

"Shut up, Jay." She huffed, and turned her attention to Jake, who was stood waiting for her. Immediately, Isabel felt her heartbeat skip multiple beats and her cheeks redden ever so slightly as their eyes met.

"I'll make sure your brother don't get into trouble whilst we're gone." The Sim boy chuckled, pulling the Park girl into a brotherly hug, causing a sad sigh to silently pass her lips.

"It'll more likely be Jay looking after you." Issy commented, letting out a huff and playfully rolling her eyes as the two pulled apart, Jake jokingly nudging her shoulder making her giggle at his actions. It seemed that no matter what he did, she always found it funny.

"Make sure to focus on your grades, boys are just a hassle." Jake explained hypocritically, and Issy flared her eyes sarcastically, forming her lips into a tight line at the boys words.

"I didn't plan on messing around with boys, trust me." She chuckled. Just the thought of liking someone other than Jake made her feel uncomfortable. She wasn't one to usually have crushed, so when she realized she had feelings for the older boy three years ago, it came with a bit of shock — so she highly doubted her finding anyone else at the moment.

"Good girl." Jake grinned, reaching up and teasingly patting her head. Quicker than ever, the girl could feel her heart pound against her chest, almost like it was trying to break through her rib cage. She felt her cheeks burn red and she bowed her head to try and hide her blush, only for the boy to tug her in for another hug.

He knew what he was doing...

"He's not even your brother." Isabel heard Jay let out scoff from beside her, making her smile and pull away from Jake and turn to face her brother.

"Stop being jealous, Jay." She chuckled, and immediately, Jay released a load of defensive comments as to why he wasn't jealous and all Issy and everyone else could do was laugh at the boy before their flight was called for was final time.

Isabel felt her shoulders slump as she watched as the two older boys walked away, playfully knocking into one another as they walked through the gate, an arm being put around the Park girls shoulders in a comforting manner as she was pulled into her mothers side.

If there was one thing Isabel Park knew when leaving the airport that Winter day, it was that she was going to get over her stupid crush on her brothers best friend, Jake Sim.

✿