𝟐𝟏. ( amusement park chronicles. )

IF IT WASN'T for asking Sunghoon to roll down his window, then Isabel Park would've become a pool of water by the time they could arrive at the theme park

IF IT WASN'T for asking Sunghoon to roll down his window, then Isabel Park would've become a pool of water by the time they could arrive at the theme park. She didn't think sitting next to Jake Sim would be so difficult, yet there she was, sat beside the older boy trying to contain her ragged breathing as their thighs lightly brushed against each others.

She wasn't sure if her outburst of nerves was due to the fact they hadn't spoken properly since their mutual confession, or because their bodies were squished so closely together due to Sunghoon obnoxiously manspreading.

She hated that she could feel the sweat dripping down the back of her neck — even after having the cool air blow into the car. Issy tried to focus her thoughts on other things, like listening to her brother and best friend singing their hearts out to a song that was playing on the radio, or thinking about the first ride she'd go on once arriving (if she even made it.)

Quietly, it felt as if Isabel's thoughts were eating her up. The nonstop voice in her head telling her to just turn her head and see what Jake was doing was almost deafening. A part of her wanted to. She wanted to see what was occupying him during the long, tension-filled car ride, however another part of her didn't; afraid they'd catch eyes or her stomach would erupt in butterflies and make her puke all over the boy.

She ended up going with the latter, and just chose to imagine what he was doing instead — after all, that would be better than throwing her breakfast up on him...

Once the group eventually arrived, Issy was quicker than ever to climb out of the car. She could hear the screams and cheers from other people at the amusement park, and the sound of the metal wheels on a cart gliding against the metal railways filled her ears.

A bubble of excitement grew in the pit of her stomach as she glanced over at Niki, who'd already been looking at her, and they both shared the same look of excitement before hurrying over to the entrance, leaving Jay and the other older boys to sort out the payments.

"I haven't been here in so long!" Isabel beamed, her eyes jumping from one ride to the next. "We should go on the 'Hulker Sulker'," She informed her best friend, who eagerly nodded. "That one is so fast!"