𝟏𝟔. ( obvious. )

"JAKE'S STAYING OVER?" Fourteen year old Isabel questioned with furrowed brows, her heart pounding violently fast against her chest

"JAKE'S STAYING OVER?" Fourteen year old Isabel questioned with furrowed brows, her heart pounding violently fast against her chest. The newly turned teenager could just about stay in the same house as her crush for an hour, so when her brother told her he'd be spending the night, she went into a frenzy.

"Yeah," Jay simply shrugged as if there was no issue to it, when in reality, the shorter girl before him was in the middle of panicking. "He's got trouble going on at home so I said he could sleepover. Why? You worried he'll hear you fart in your sleep?"

Instantly, Isabel's cheeks burned crimson as embarrassment took over her body and she quickly shoved her brother. Usually, she would laugh Jay's joke off and insult him back, however with Jake Sim in the room next door to them, she had to be on her best behavior.

"No way..." Jay deadpanned, his eyes now being the pair that were enlarging. "There's no way." He grimaced in disgust as his voice started to get louder in shock.

"What?!" Issy quickly questioned, her heart in her throat with the thought of her brother finding out about her massive crush on his best friend. "Jay, what?!?" She continued, getting frustrated that the Park boy wasn't saying anything.

"You like Jake!" He announced, and without another thought, as his words travelled to her ears and processed in her mind, she was practically choking on her tongue as she lunged forward and slapped her hand across his mouth.

"What the frick, Jongseong?" Isabel yelled in a hushed tone as she continued to take glances out of her open bedroom door, afraid to see the certain brunette haired boy. "Why would you say that?— That's just... Ew."

Jay pushed his sister off of him and let out a chuckle, shaking his head. "Good," He spat, looking her up and down with a raised brow. "You better not like him, Issy — or any of my friends. That's just weird." The sixteen (soon to be seventeen) year old boy huffed.

"You're not allowed to date any of my friends, Isabel." Jay warned, pointing his finger in her face, to which the said girl quickly slapped away, rolling her eyes as her stomach sunk. "I mean it, or I swear to God, I'll never speak to you again."

She knew he was serious. He always was when he said things like that (and that was a petty trait of his.)

She remembered the time on Jay's thirteenth birthday, where he warned her not to blow out his birthday candles or he'd not attend her birthday. Issy, being only ten thought nothing of it and did as her heart desired, blowing out his candles. September rolled around and her brother locked himself away in his bedroom, stating he was far too busy to attend her celebration because his PlayStation was calling for him.

"Okay— I know." Isabel flared her eyes in annoyance, folding her arms across her chest. "I don't even like Jake in that way, anyway."

"Jay?" His voice, Jake Sim's voice called out, softly. Immediately, both siblings snapped their heads in the direction of the doorway, where the boy stood with a confused expression across his perfect features.