Chapter 1

It was 7 am on a normal Wednesday evening when a random man, who I would soon find out to be Unit Chief Hotchner, came into my office at the CIA and asked to speak to me. I normally would ask if they had a previous arrangement but something that day compelled me to say yes even though I had no clue who this man was. I told him he had ten minutes before I would continue with my work without even looking up from my desk and he agreed, saying it would only take five.

"Take a seat," I said, finally looking up at him. He was stone-faced with dark brown hair and eyes, a pale complexion, and a very tall stature. He sat and began his pitch to me.

"Agent Y/l/n, your reputation precedes you. I wouldn't come unannounced if this wasn't urgent and time sensitive. I came to ask for your assistance on a particularly difficult case we have over at the BAU. I know you have an expertise in foreign affairs and we could really use...", I cut him off before he could fully finish his sentence.

"Agent, slow down. I don't even know your name."

"Unit Chief Hotchner. Look let me cut to the chase, we are dealing with a terrorist trying to get top secret information by getting into highly secure offices in the FBI, CIA, etc. and with your knowledge on undercover missions and how to deal with guys like these we could really use you on the team. We don't have a lot of time for chit-chat though so what do you say?" He says with a stern look on his face.

"Well, Unit Chief Hotchner, I would have to think about it. I mean I don't know if I would be able to just leave my jo..." It was his turn to cut me off as he said.

"I've already talked to your superiors and they will excuse you for the time being while you help us out on this case. Don't worry about anything else but your decision. So... what will it be?"

"I gu- yes, I mean as long as I'm cleared to do so."

"Good, we leave now." He said as he started to get up to exit my office.

"Wait, we're leaving now?! I don't have anything ready. I wasn't prepared for this."

"Like I said, don't worry. We have a bag packed for you already. Now we really need to get going."

I followed him out of my office, closing the door behind me. I didn't have any clue what I was getting myself into, but I had a weird feeling about it.

                                                                – – –

We arrived at the BAU and as I walked in all eyes fell on me and Agent Hotchner. I walked further into the room and I felt very intimidated as everyone was staring at me, no doubt wondering who I was and why I was there. If I'm being honest I didn't even know why I was there at the moment so I was patiently waiting to be informed about what the hell was happening.

"This is Special Agent Y/l/n of the CIA, she will be helping us with the Grant case. Please treat her kindly as she will be on the team for the time being and make her feel welcome." After Hotch finished his introduction another man stepped over to me, took my hand in his and gave my knuckles a kiss while winking.

"My name is Derek Morgan, don't worry about the team, beautiful, we don't bite. Especially this one over here." He exclaimed as he dragged another man over to us, messing with his shaggy hair in the process. The other man looked a lot younger than the others and he sheepishly smiled at me as he reached his hand out to shake mine.

"I'm Dr. Spencer Reid, it's nice to meet you... uh what's your first name?"

"Oh, Y/n. My name is Y/n, but Agent Y/l/n works too, whatever you want!" I said with a shy laugh.

"Y/n it is! We're all friends here!" He said with a warm smile. I smiled back at him as a blonde woman came up and gave me a big hug out of nowhere.

"OH MY GOSH! YOU'RE HERE!" She screamed in my ear as I tried to cover them, attempting to preserve what hearing I had left.

"Oh sorry! Hahahaha my name is Penelope Garcia! I've heard so much about you, well read so much about you! I think it was so badass the way you dealt with the Chase case in Belgium. You are like one of my idols!" She exclaimed in excitement. I looked at her a little surprised that she knew about the Chase case that I was involved with overseas.

"How did you know about that? I don't remember there being a big story or anything on it. It would have only been on my file." I said, extremely confused on how she'd know about that.

"This is kind of her thing... stalking." I heard a voice behind me that sounded vaguely familiar. I turned around to see her... Emily Fucking Prentiss. I immediately turned to leave the building when Hotch caught up to me.

"Hey, hey, hey what's going on? Why are you walking out already? What happened back there?"

"I can't do this case. I'm sorry Agent Hotchner, I really am. Good luck, but I can't be here." I turned to leave again but he grabbed my arm.

"Look, I don't know what's going on? Tell me whatever it is and I can try to help and if I can't then I won't stop you from leaving, but we really need your help."

I sighed before saying, "Fine, I used to know Agent Prentiss. We ended contact on bad terms, well we never really started on good terms either but anyway I can't work with her. So I'm sorry but I have to go."

"Ok, ok I can keep you two separate but we truly need your eyes on this case. I will make sure that you are comfortable, please stay to help." He seemed very genuine and I realized this case must be difficult and that they must really be desperate for help.

"Ok. I will stay and help, if and only if Agent Prentiss and I stay separated at all times." I state pointing my finger in his face.

"Deal. Now we need to get on the jet as soon as possible. I'll round up the team." With that he turned and walked back to the rest of the team. I went to turn towards the elevator I came up in when I was met with an older man standing behind me. I jumped a bit and gasped.

"Oh so sorry I didn't mean to scare you! I'm Agent David Rossi. Are you new here?" He asked with a small smile.

"Uhh yeah, kind of. I'm Special Agent Y/l/n from the CIA. I'm here to help with the Grant case!"

"Oh! You are the one Hotch went to recruit! Well it's nice to meet you, Agent Y/l/n."

"Nice to meet you too!"

"Well we should probably make our way to the jet. I can give you a ride if you would like!"

"That would be awesome! Thank you so much!" I followed Agent Rossi out to his car and we made it to the jet before everyone else. I chose a window seat near the back of the plane, not knowing where everyone else sat. I was looking over the case file Hotch had left for me in the jet when someone sat in the seat across from me. I was hoping it was Reid because he seemed nice, but when I looked up I was met with those dark and piercing eyes.

"Trying to ignore me now, Y/l/n? I think we need to have a conversation."