Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

I was yet again assigned to work with Emily. I know that it won't be for long because once I get enough information on where Mitch might be I am going after him and I won't have to deal with her again. I just need to hold out until I get the chance to catch Mitch before everyone else. I need to know everything. I need to know what drove him to this, what happened to my friend and I will be figuring it out alone. I was drifting off into my own world thinking about this when Prentiss waved her hand in front of my face and caught my attention.

"Earth to Y/l/n, this profile isn't going to create itself. What's going on inside that small little brain of yours?" She asked sarcastically just trying to create a rouse out of me.

I ignored her and kept working when Hotch came bursting into the conference room with the rest of the team behind him.

"There's been another murder and more information stolen. This time they broke into the CIA and stole information on a case from 7 years ago. The case stolen was an undercover mission targeting the Russian mafia. While we can't get any information on that case now Garcia is working on it. The deceased's name is Evelyn Francis and it looks like she was also employed at the CIA around the same time as Dennison and even worked alongside him on multiple cases. I think it's best if we head back home and go from there. Wheels up in 30."

I knew that when we got back to the states that my opportunity to catch Mitch would be then and only then. I would need to sneak away from the group and find him myself and I have just the idea on where to find him.

                                                               – – –

We all board the jet and the only thing going through my mind is how I am going to manage pulling off this scheme I put together in my head. I sit down in the back window seat of the jet hoping that everyone will get the hint and leave me alone. This time it actually works and I am left to my thoughts and soon enough we land and I have to think fast on how I will get away from the rest of the group. I get a ride back to the BAU from Morgan and Reid and already have a taxi waiting for me when I arrive. I parted ways from them, telling them that I will only be there in a couple minutes but that I needed to get something that I had left in Rossi's car and bolted for the taxi waiting for me. I gave the driver the location and off we went. I felt slightly guilty about not telling the rest of the team but I knew this was my situation to handle.

I got to the cafe where we would always meet every Saturday morning and waited. I knew he would show because murdering Evelyn was his way of getting my attention. Evelyn, Mitch, and I all worked on the same case in Russia all those years ago and he knew that I would remember everything including this, so I waited. It was around 6 pm when he finally showed up and sat down at the table across from me. He smiled a sinister smile at me and stared for a few minutes before actually saying anything.

"Long time no see eh, Isabelle." He grinned a nasty grin at me as he said the last part. Isabelle had been my undercover name and I hadn't heard it in years. The sound of that name ran chills up my spine. I shuddered.

"What do you want Mitch? Why are you doing all of this? Evelyn was our friend and you murdered her in cold blood!" I raised my voice a little, but not too much as to not alert anyone in the surrounding area of our presence.

"What do I want? What I WANT is simple really. I want to watch you... burn." He spat out in a chilling tone that made me fearful and betrayed.

"But why? What did I ever do to you?" I asked, confused as ever.

"It's not what you did, it's what you didn't do. I worshiped the ground you walked on, I did everything for YOU, but you didn't even spare a passing glance. So Y/n, I want to watch you crumble."

"So why not just kill me now and be done with it?" I asked with what bravery I had left, still trying to keep a straight face.

"What would be the fun in that? No, I am going to wait until you least expect it and then I will come for you. Just you wait Y/n, when I find you and break you, you will beg for death." He said as he got up and left.

I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in, gathered myself and walked back to my apartment complex. I had the feeling of being watched the entire time I was walking home. I finally got back to my apartment and checked my phone to see tons of missed calls from everyone on the team except Emily. I didn't answer them and turned my phone off in case they wanted to track it and find out my location. I took a shower and thought about what I was going to do next then got ready for bed.

While asleep I had an awful dream that Mitch had found the team and was killing them off one by one and it turned out that he had teamed up with Emily to kill us all, and save me for last. I heard them banging on my door and the banging got louder and louder until they broke down my door and came after me in my apartment. I woke up immediately, but the banging did not stop. Instead it got louder and looked over at the bedside alarm clock to see it was 4 am. Who the hell was banging on my door at 4 am? I put on my slippers and robe and went to go see who was waking me up at this hour. I told the person on the other side that I was coming and they quit banging as I opened the door. Emily was on the other side looking mad as fucking hell.