Chapter 2

I was saved when Reid finally did show up and decided to sit in the seat next to me. I softly sighed with relief and he noticed looking at me with curious eyes.

"Is there something wrong Y/n?"

"Oh no! I'm perfectly fine, just a little tired. I think I'm going to take a nap." I said hoping to cover the fact that he saved my skin from what was to be a very uncomfortable conversation and to give me an excuse to not talk with Prentiss.

"Oh ok! Well you don't mind if I still sit here do you?" He asked me, making sure that I wasn't uncomfortable.

"No, not at all!" I said as I started to get comfortable enough to sleep, or at least make it look like I was sleeping. I heard Prentiss scoff and get up from the seat across from me.

I couldn't sleep the whole ride there, but I faked it anyway. I couldn't stop thinking about the last encounter I had with Prentiss while we were in university.

"Honestly Y/l/n I don't know what everyone else sees in you, you are so fucking boring. You would have no friends if Lewis hadn't let you come to that one party. You are nothing!"

"I don't need this right now Prentiss! I don't know what your problem is! You can't say anything nice about anyone, even people who care about you and who you actually care about! I really tried to be your friend, I tried so hard and you don't give a FUCK about how it is tearing this whole group apart!"

I was jolted awake by a tap on my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder to see Spencer sitting there with a concerned look on his face. He opened his mouth to say something but before he could I cut him off.

"Are we discussing the case details?"

"Uh, yeah we are. Are you okay? You still look tired. Did you actually get any sleep?" He said in a soft voice not wanting to disturb me at all.

"Yeah, I'm okay! Still a little tired though, not always good about being woken up!" I said with a laugh. His face seemed to relax a bit and we went to sit with the rest of the team to discuss the case details. I sat as far away from Emily as I could, avoiding all of her soul crushing stares.

"So what we have right now is a dead intelligence agent by the name of Perseus Grant and missing top secret information. What we are dealing with is an international terrorist who is trying to infiltrate high profile American associations and even US embassies. I know that not everyone has dealt with this kind of case before and that is why we've brought Agent Y/l/n in to assist us. She has inside knowledge on what to do in these specific situations so I will let her talk about what her thoughts were after the initial read through of the case file."

"Well, this person is extremely intelligent and knows their way around the countries they invade. They are very secretive about where they hide out and are vigilant about leaving clues as to their whereabouts and specific identity. I could be wrong but I believe they might have been a previous agent of either the CIA or FBI based on their training and the fact that they can get into these buildings without anyone batting an eye. Is it possible that we can get a list of agents that have been on undercover missions to other countries that were let go in the last ten years?" I explained before looking around at everyone's shocked faces. Agent Morgan was slack-jawed and Agent Reid just looked at me with wide eyes before pushing Morgan's jaw back into place. Rossi had the smile of a proud dad on his face and gave me a thumbs up before Hotch got out his cell phone and made a call.

"Garcia, can you make me a list of previous agents in the FBI or any government agency that was let go in the last ten years that had undercover experience in other countries?" Hotch spoke into his cell.

"I sure can, my stern-faced compadre! Uhhh looks like I found three names, we have a Mr. James G. Ash, currently unemployed, was previously a CIA agent and worked in Iraq tracking down an organization called Munqidhi before he was found in a state of comatose about 3 years ago out in the middle of nowhere by a friend." She rattled off very quickly, surprising me with how quick she was able to find this information.

"So unless he woke up a month ago unnoticed and started planning this in secret ever since I don't think it could have been him." Prentiss said sarcastically earning her a glare from Hotch.

"What else do you got for us Garcia?" Hotch asked her, getting slightly impatient with time ticking away.

"I have a Mr. Carson M. Victor, currently working at a department store called Fiesta in Vermont, married with two kids, security cameras show him going into work the day that our suspect broke into the

US embassy in Moscow so it couldn't be him." Garcia stated, sighing with slight disappointment.

"Alright, who's our last name?" Hotch said with a certain seriousness that made you think he was worried.

"The last name on the list is Mitch R. Dennison, was fired from the CIA in 2015, isn't listed to have another place of employment after, went off the grid after his termination. I can't find him anywhere in the system after 2015." After Garcia finished the last name on the list I froze, eyes wide, that name. I knew the unsub... he was my old partner.