Chapter 7

I arrived at Evelyn's house to look for any clues as to Mitch's whereabouts. I put on some latex gloves and ducked under the crime scene tape, carefully looking around the house. I found a manilla envelope tucked in her desk, unopened. How could the police and detectives not have found this? It only makes sense that Mitch had planted it after the police started investigating, knowing that I would come look here. I opened the envelope to see a disc. It was labeled Isabelle so I knew it was for me. I put the disc into the DVD player in Evelyn's living room and wait. As if on cue Mitch appears on the screen in front of me.

"Hello, Isabelle." He starts with a menacing tone.

"You are probably on your way to try and kill me, but what you don't remember is that I am always 2, 3, even 5 steps ahead of you. You can't catch me, but you will see me soon." The video ends with him smiling maliciously at me through the screen.

I shut the tv off and take the tape out so nobody else finds it. I take the manilla envelope with me and get back in my car to figure out where he would be. I drive and drive until it clicks in my brain just where he would be. I drive to the location I know he will be waiting for me.

Emily's POV:

I can't believe she wouldn't hear me out and kicked me out. Was I really that awful that she won't even listen to me now? I really need to get my point across. I don't really don't hate her and I wish I could take everything back. I turn around to go back and talk to her but I see her start to leave her apartment with a crazy amount of things and am immediately curious where she is going. I duck behind the hallway and hope she doesn't see me and as soon as she passes me to get to the parking garage I follow behind her. I see her get into her car and I hide behind my car until I hear her get in hers and drive away before I get into mine and trail behind her a couple cars behind to not seem suspicious. I followed her to the crime scene we investigated the other day, the house of Evelyn Francis.

What would she be doing here? I parked my car a little ways back so she didn't see me. I watch as she enters the building looking all around before going in to see if anyone is watching her. This is super suspicious and I wait to see her come back. I still don't get why she would come here alone in the first place. Eventually she comes out with a manilla envelope in her hand as she looks all around with a hawk's eye to see if anybody saw her and I swear I see her look my way. I duck down in my seat as fast as humanly possible and it appears she didn't see me. She gets back into her car and starts to drive again. What was going on? She looked like an entirely different person ever since leaving her apartment. I drove back to headquarters to ask Garcia to pull up more information on her to get to the bottom of this. I bust past everyone to get to Garcia's office.

"Hey, Garcia, can you do something for me?" I ask as I get into Penelope's lair as she calls it.

"Of course my lovely! What is it you need on this fine day?" She asks as she turns around in her chair to face me.

"I need you to pull up everything you can find on Agent Y/l/n, now."

"Woah, why so serious all of the sudden? Also why Agent Y/l/n? Isn't she Hotch's guest consultant? Should we tell him before snooping on her?" She asks a little confused and also a little concerned.

"No, we can't tell him. Listen I saw her go into Evelyn Francis' house and then come out with an envelope. I get this weird feeling she knows more about this case than she has been telling us." I am also confused about this whole situation.

"Oh, uh yeah I can pull up her file."

She starts typing trying to pull up anything she can find on Y/n and I watch nervously, hoping it was just nothing and that she was overthinking everything. She didn't think you would kill anyone but your actions were very suspicious. Garcia pulled up your file and her neutral expression changed to one of confusion.