The aftermath

*Let's pretend that in the last part 1989 didn't call Midnights her girlfriend*

Lover's perspective;

The next morning I woke up on the floor in the hallway. I squinted trying to block out light and remember what happened last night, then the memories came flooding back in and I wished I had stayed asleep. I took a deep breath to collect my thoughts and stood up. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, mascara stains carving dirty rivers down my cheeks.

"Fuck I'm a mess," I sighed. I must have fallen asleep crying. Being drunk and walking in on your girlfriend cheating on you is... not a good combination. The worst part is she didn't even notice me or 1989 opening the door and looking at her. The one time in my life I kind of wish we had noisy doors.

Anyways, I decided to try and pull myself together and go down to breakfast, because I knew Rep wouldn't be up until a lot later. 1989, Folklore and Evermore were already awake sitting at the table.

"Hey Lover, how you going?" 1989 asked gently.

"Do you want an honest answer or for me to just say 'fine'" I asked

"Be honest"

"I feel like absolute shit, my head hurts, I found out my girlfriend cheated on me, and my mascara was advertised as waterproof," I gestured to my face. "How are you?"

"I'm alright, honestly. I didn't drink much last night, I don't know why I care so much about midnights though," Said 1989

"Is it possible you maybe might have feelings for her?" I probed, hoping to get her to admit her (very obvious) crush.

"No absolutely not! Well, maybe. Yes don't say anything please can we move on from this topic,"

"Move on from what topic?" Rep wandered in and I swore under my breath.

"None of your business Reputation," I said, biting my lip and trying not to cry at how nonchalant she was.

"What happened to Reppy?" She asked, sliding into the seat next to me.

"You know what fucking happened to 'Reppy'?" I shouted, tears slipping out from my eyes despite my efforts to hold them in. "You FUCKING MIDNIGHTS happened, are you seriously just going to pretend everything is normal?"

"Shitshitshit..." She grimaced, realising that I knew. "I was planning on telling you..." She tried, but I was already running away. "Babe come back can we talk?"

"DON'T 'BABE' ME REPUTATION," I turned around and faced her. "I GAVE YOU ALL MY TRUST, AND WHAT DID YOU GIVE ME IN RETURN? THIS. SO DON'T TRY AND ACT LIKE WE CAN JUST SORT THIS OUT, WE'RE DONE, YOU HEAR ME? D.O.N.E" By this point I was sobbing, so I sprinted into my room and collapsed on the bed, muffling the noise of my crying by burying my face in a pillow.

I heard doors opening and closing, and people coming out of their rooms complaining about being woken up, but I really wasn't about to go out and apologise.

Reputation's perspective; 

After Lover ran out, I sat at the table and covered my face in my hands. People came and went, and occasionally the story of what Midnights and I did got passed around, and I just stayed there in silence for god knows how long.

"Has anyone seen Debut or Fearless? They're normally awake by now," Speak Now noticed.

"No actually, have you checked both of their rooms?" I heard 1989 ask.

"Yeah, and I have a bunch of missed calls from Fearless's phone from like 1 am,"

"Thats weird, have you checked voicemail?"