Chapter 19

Speak now's perspective; 

I sat and watched Fearless just observing her. As I saw Debut take her hand, I felt a rush of something, but I couldn't quite place it. Not jealousy, surely, I thought to myself. You're dating Folklore, that's a stupid thought.

That evening we decided to all sit down and have dinner together, because it had been so long since we had done so. It went surprisingly well, I expected another argument. 

I think everyone's getting a bit sick of Mac and cheese though, which I didn't think was possible but apparently is. Now that bloody bicycle has ruined my favourite food for me as well as my life, and I'm arguably more upset about the food. 

"Hey do you want to do something," 1989 asked 

"What are we supposed to do?" Red asked skeptically. 

"I don't know, but we should just treat this whole thing like a sleepover," She suggested. 

"What, so we lie next to each other and watch Tiktok for three hours?" Rep glanced over. 

"No, an actual sleepover, not your antisocial ones," I rolled my eyes. "That sounds great 1989," 

"Come on, we can put the beds together, it'll be fun," 1989 stood up to push her bed closer, and everyone except Rep followed suit. We eventually just made the beds come together around hers, which she wasn't happy about. 

1989 walked over to her and snatched her phone out of her hand. 

"Hey, I was using that," She complained, reaching out to grab it back. 

"I'm keeping it until you learn how to have a successful social interaction that doesn't involve an argument," 1989 slipped it into her bag. 

"Ugh fine, what are we doing?" She sat up. 

"Let's play truth or dare," I proposed, and it was mostly agreed to. We all sat in an awkward oval across the beds, me sitting between Fearless and Rep. Debut was on Fearless' other side, leaning against her, with Fearless' arm wrapped around her. The feeling happened again, and I started thinking back when I had felt like that before. 

I thought back to when her and Debut first started becoming closer friends, I always knew there was something between them but I had hoped it wouldn't happen. I'd always thought of it as me hoping she wouldn't abandon me to be best friends with her, but could it have been something different? 

*Flashback to the party*

I watched Fearless laughing at something Debut had said, and wrapping an arm around her shoulder, from across the room and felt a pang of emotion. I continued to watch them, unaware of why I was feeling like that until Folklore snuck up behind me and tapped my shoulder. 

"Hi baby," I said, tearing my line of vision away and focusing on her. 

"Hi Speak, how are you enjoying the party?" She kissed me. 

"Good, but it could be better..." I trailed off. 

"Hmm? Why?" 

"C'mere," I grabbed her face and started making out with her, Fearless still catching my eye from far off. 

*Present time again*

"Speak now? Hello?" Fearless was waving her hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Truth or dare?" 

"Um, truth," I replied. 

"Hmm, if you had to choose, who in this room would you kiss," 1989 said. I froze, wondering for a second whether she had been able to read my mind, but then noticed everyone staring at me, and cleared my throat.