Chapter 29

Im writing this at 6 in the morning bc I cant get back to sleep bc im too excited about ttpd

Lover's perspective; 

"Okay guys everyone in the dining room," I called, and everyone grudgingly gathered around the table. "So as you all know, today we have a new album joining us," 

"Wait what's their name again isn't it like the Dead Poets Society or something?" Midnights asked

"Tortured Poets departement," I corrected. "And since this is a new era for us it also means it's a new era for Taylor, so I've invited her over to celebrate with us," 

"Does that mean that my eras, like... over?" Midnights looked scandalised at the thought. 

"Yup, we all went through it, now you're officially one of us,"

"Huh? What do you mean officially?" 

"Well before you were still like, kinda connected to Taylor in a way, now your not," I explained. "Okay, moving on.  We're just having a small gathering with the 5 of us plus Poets and Taylor,"

"Okay what time?" Folklore chimed in.

"2pm (AAAAHAHAHGBDEJDHFHDGJ), let's get started on the preparation now," I said. "Everybody up," 

"Oh my god we just sat down Lover," Fearless rolled her eyes and stood up. 

"Lose the attitude it's not cute. You better be nice this afternoon, we need to make a good impression," I ignored her whining and turned towards everyone else. "So we need food, decorations and to set up the new room," 

"Fearless, decorations, Folklore and Evermore setting up the room and Midnights and myself food," I said. "Go,"

"Where are the-"

"Decorations in the attic,"

"We don't have any-"

"All of the stuff you need to set up the room is in there, just set it up,"

"What are we-"

"Come with me Mid," I sent everyone off and we walked into the kitchen. 

"Lover you seem very organised, forgive me for asking, but are you sure this isn't to keep your mind bus-"

"Nope just let me have this," I cut her off and started grabbing stuff from the cupboard. "We're making a cake, and we need snacks as well so one of us needs to go to the shops," 

"Um well I'm crap at baking so I'll go get snacks," She motioned to the door. "See you later,"

"Bye," I breathed distractedly. She was partially right, it was to keep my mind from thinking too much, but I was also excited to meet the new album and I wanted to make a good impression on her. 

I quickly made the cake, my brain on autopilot, and put it in the oven, sitting on the counter. I lost track of time and before I knew it everything was done. 

"Alright guys, good job. Now we wait," I bounced on the balls of my feet, unsure of what we should do because of the awkwardness between most of the people there. "I can't deal with this anymore, we need to do something about it," 

"Do what about it though," Evermore stared at me. 

"Fearless," I gave her a look that clearly communicated what I wanted her to do. 

"Um, okay fine," She sat down. "Folklore I'm really sorry for being rude I didn't mean it, I just didn't know how to deal with the situation so that's what I went with," 

"It's alright, I forgive you," Folklore smiled softly. 

"You don't have to, I was kinda acting... a bit like a spiteful two year old," She chuckled, then stood up and hugged Folklore. The taller girl looked surprised, but hugged back for a second. 

"Thank you for apologising it means a lot Fearless," She said. 

Evermore's perspective;

Timeskip to 1:59pm; 

"Okay she should arrive in about a minute," I said, looking at the clock. 

"Eve you can't expect everyone to arrive on the dot," Lover said skeptically. 

"I arrive on time," I said. "And so does Folklore, and I have a feeling that Poets will as well," As I expected, the clock turned to 2pm just as there was a knock on the door. "See?" 

"Hi girls," Taylor opened the door and I waved her in. 

(IM WRITING THIS THROUGH THE DAY AND THE FORTNIGHT MV CLIPS JUST GOT POSTED OMG??? Also Im going to wait until i listen to the songs to finish this bye)

(OKAY I JUST LISTENED I DONT HAVE WORDS)

"Hi you must be the new album!" Lover stepped forward. 

"Hi, I'm the Tortured Poets department but you can call me Poets," She walked through the door behind Taylor, smiling at all of us. 

"Come in, we made cake," Lover ushered them both to the table and we all sat down. 

"Thank you for this guys," Poets smiled and sat down as Lover put the cake on plates. 

"So, there's normally 10 of us but half of them are gone right now, we'll explain that later. I'm Evermore, this is my sister Folklore, and this is Lover, Midnights and Fearless," 

"So Taylor, what order are you letting the others out in?" Lover leaned forward eagerly, obviously hoping it would be rep. 

"Well as some of you know, Red is coming in a few weeks, but I'm not sure after that, it's not my choice," She shrugged. 

"Why not, we're literally your albums?" Folklore scoffed. 

"In case you haven't noticed by now life isn't fair," Poets laughed, and the rest of us started as well. 

A/N;

SHORT CHAPTER BUT I CANT THINK STRAIGHT RN SO THE WRITING IS CRAP 

WILL BE LISTENING TO TTPD ON REPEAT FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS <3

ANYWAYS LOVE YOU GUYS BYE