Chapter 19 - You look far too different

(Pearl POV)

-"Will he be here?" Fonnie asked after Pearl hung up on the call with Grian.

There were no cameras in the cell both girls were trapped that made suspicion crawl into Pearls brain with how easily the Skys trusted the technology they used.

-"Yeah. Any minute now." Pearl sunk back against the cold wall burying her head in her arms that sat crossed on her knees.

Pearl felt like crying. She wanted to cry, but she just couldn't. Her eyes were dry as the desert.

That was something she hated about herself. No matter how terrible the situation or how much she wanted to cry she just couldn't.

-"So," Fonnie spoke up again after a few moments of silence. "Who is this Grian?"

-"Oh you'll see!" She half laughed not looking up at her new maybe-friend.

A loud explosion sounded through the walls making both girls startle and look up, staring at the blank wall behind the cell bars from where the explosion came from.

It went quiet after that for barely a full minute before shouts and screams were heard through the doors.

Crashes and gunshots rung like bells in Pearls ears. She just wanted to curl up under a blanket and hide away from all the noise. It was scary. The fact that Pearl was a fucking villain who had experienced so many tragic events was now shaken by a few gunshots that were behind many walls.

A blood curdling scream made the two hostages stare at the door with absolutely horrified looks.

Pearl covered herself with her arms when the door blew up in gray smoke.

The explosion left Pearl coughing and waving away spoke from her face.

A ringing noise clouded Pearl as she tried to grip at the smooth wall for support while standing up.

Where once stood the door, of the room both girls were trapped in, now was just sharp, different-sized rocks, bricks and debris. The bars were mostly blown open aswell.

Pearl looked at her hands. They were dirty and gray. Her clothes were covered in dust and debris.

The ringing in her ears disappeared and her attention was swept towards Fonnie.

The brunette was on the floor, clutching her left leg to her chest while still coughing up the, now disappearing, smoke.

-"Fonnie!" Pearl gasped and almost fell next to Fonnie to help her in whatever way she could.

-"Oh my god! Are you okey!? What happened!?" She stressed at the shorter with stupid questions.

Pearls hands were raised above Fonnies shoulder and leg, but not touching. She just didn't know what to exactly do in this moment.

-"M-my leg-!" Fonnie let out between choked sobs of pain.

Looking closer Pearl noticed the bleeding out bruise that went down from the brunettes knee to ankle. It was covered in dust, debris, same as the rest of Fonnie just with smaller shattered rock pieces stabbed into the injury from the explosion.

-"Don't worry! We'll get you out of here! I'll help you!" Pearl tried to hide her panic with a smile and laugh, but it didn't work.

Focus, Pearl! She screamed at herself.

Pearl took Fonnies left hand in her left and started pulling her up. She threw Fonnies arm over her shoulders and put her right arm under Fonnies shoulders for better support.