Chapter 2

'Where am I?', was the first thing on Luz's mind when she came to, the ceiling above her was dark and she was tucked in bed, she looked around, in dim light she could see, other a bedside table, with some flowers in a vase, white curtains and other austere furniture, the hospital, 'Well I collapsed', she remembered, no surprise she was in a hospital, she just hoped she did not scare her mom too bad.

Stumbling out of the woods, looking more dead than alive, with bruises everywhere you could see, well she just hoped her mom did not have to be hospitalized with her.

She laid in bed, memories of the recent past quickly resurfacing, Amity laying on the floor, desperately extending her hands, Willow furiously fighting the invisible bounds that held them, Gus making small circles with his fingers, only for all of them to end up as useless smoke, Hunter solemn expression, he was the only one not looking at her, he was looking at Willow.

Even in the darkness of the moment, Luz felt a little fire in her heart, 'that idiot better tell her as soon as he gets out of those bonds', she thought, chuckling when thinking about Hunter and his super obvious crush on Willow.

¨

A fire that was quickly put out, she was here in relative safety, letting her friends face, whatever The Collector really was.

It took all the reason she had not to get up, she saw a button beside her headrest, probably a call button, as she was in a hospital, but decided not to push it, she preferred being alone, for now at least,'How long have I been out?', she asked herself.

Looking around she hopped to find some indication of date, before seeing a calendar right by the door.

It being too far away for her to see, she gathered her strength and got out of bed, before sitting right back in, when the whole world spun with her, it was nauseating, but she summoned her courage and got up again, this time staying on her shaky legs.

She slowly approached the calendar, seeing the date.. and then she realized something, she had no idea when she got thrown through the portal..

She just could not help the chuckle, it was so silly, she coming up to a calendar for a big reveal, 'Ohhhhh, I have been in limbo for months, what about my friends, family, dogs, cats and books, they must have been so lonely without me..', but instead she was like, 'Eeeee cool, when did I fall unconscious again?'.

She started laughing, before slowly walking to her bed and laying back down, laughing hurt.

As soon as the laughter subsided, she noticed a notebook and some pencils on the table next to her bed, must have been her mother or maybe sister, 'Thank you whoever you were.', she thought as she reached for the papers, ripping a page out.

She was super unsure about this, slowly and with great care she drew the lines, forming a light glyph and taped its center.

Only for it to remain unchanged, tears started forming in her eyes, she stared at the glyph, 'Pleeease, do something', she thought tears once again roaming freely on her face.

And to her great surprise a light appeared, spreading slowly from the middle, as if gradually burning it, spread throughout the symbol. In about a minute that it took for the glyph to light up, Luz could only stare.

And then it crumbled up, just like Luz knew it should and started illuminating the room, giving her light, light for her to see, light for her to dream, her aspiration of returning might not be impossible, if there was a way, Luz would follow it.

'One more would be nice', she thought, reaching for another paper, drawing these was making her happy, it proved she did not just dreamt up her life's most important event, but just as she reached for it, she heard a strange sizzling sound behind her.