Chapter 9

Her walk home has been quite uneventful, her mind too busy and only her knowledge of the area was guiding her forward.

'What am I going to do..?' she asked herself, Luz had no idea what to do about this situation, her mother did not believe her, or well..in her..that much was certain, but if she was affected by something, she could not just ignore that, could she..

She needed to get it all together and think about this, seeing a bench in her way, Luz sat down, pulling out her phone and texting her mother, saying she would be home shortly, just so Camila wouldn't organize a search party.

Before leaning back and staring at the night sky, her thoughts stayed with her mother.

'She doesn't like me doing magic..so If I want to continue doing it, I need to keep it a secret from her.'

'Going to school would not be impossible, but I want the time to spend at the library, so if I could avoid it that would be best.'

'If I am not telling her about magic, telling her anything about Amity or others would be a bad idea, she would wonder why I am not doing anything to save them, or at least stressing about it.', 'But then again..when we talked before I told her a few things..', Luz could not remember what she told her, she leaned back forward and put her hands on her face, letting out a tired groan.

She had no idea what to do next, her original intention was to somehow create another portal and travel back, but with the new information she has gathered, that did not seem like a possible idea.

Luz was not sure about the exact date of Jacob's last entry and the closing of the portals the Order used, but it was several hundreds of years minimum, seeing as the first mention of The Inquisition was from the 12th century.

She also knew that Jacob was here in America..which was discovered in 1492, meaning that Order was still somewhat around 300 years after The Inquisition.

That meant those witches had plenty of time to try and create their own portals.

What could she do that a whole Order of witches much older and experienced than her could not...

She needed to think about it, analyze the situation..

'Okay, is there something different?', she asked herself.

Well, a lot of time has passed.. centuries.., that could make some difference, there was a working portal here in Gravesfield once, but that worked on titan blood and she did not have any, 'There could be more tho..', she jumped up, almost running to look.

'What good would that do..', interrupted a rational part of her, rooting her in her place..

'I could get back to Amity and others..' thought Luz, slightly confused.

'And do what exactly??' countered her mind, 'Trip collector over a vine? Blind him with light?? If there is some more blood here, it will open a temporary portal, you will not get back..' this thought surprised her, it was right, but did she want to come back at all??

'That's not the point..', said her thoughts,' If you can not escape back with them, then you need to defeat the Collector to be able to stay', said her thoughts truthfully, 'Can you do that?', she asked herself and involuntarily giggled, she had a snowball chance in hell defeating the god-like Collector.

Hell..god-like may be unfair...Collector was a straight up god..she saw as they moved a freaking moon aside, with one finger.

'What about the Guardians..' she thought about it for a moment.

'I think that's a terrible idea,' she concluded, after what she read about them, trusting them would be downright stupid, besides even if they decided to help.. could they?