Chapter 5

When she arrived in the library, she was greeted by the old hag that was the local librarian, "Can I help you?" asked the woman, looking as old as the very building she worked in, she presented her card, Vee gave it to her before they separated, she was well known in the library, for not being quiet and destroying books, such as spilling beverages at them.

She was actually banned from coming here, but it seemed like Vee managed to convince the old hag she had changed, so here she was.

"Oh Luz, welcome.. Can I help you with something? Are you looking for encyclopedias again?", she asked, smiling at her quite warmly.

This threw Luz off hard, this lady was never nice to her, like ever, what sort of magic did Vee perform to turn her from the hag she knew, into this lady.

Maybe she was miss-remembering things..she was quite a menace when she was younger after all, so maybe the lady wasn't actually that bad..

She took a deep breath, she was still really angry from the argument at home,but letting it out on an older lady, who as it seemed was actually pretty nice, was not fair.

"Not really, but thank you so much, I just want to look around and read some books," said Luz, channeling all the atta girl energy she could muster, in hopes of sounding exactly like her alter ego, to fool the old librarian.

"But of course Luz, that's no problem at all.", said the librarian with a smile.

"Can I have some pen and paper?" asked Luz.

"But of course, here.", she nodded as she handed Luz a ball-pen and a few papers, "Just try not to scribble anything into books again," she reminded, in a slightly less friendly tone.

"Do not worry miss, I changed, I would not do that now," said Luz.

"I can see that dear.", said the woman and before Luz could get out of sight, "And send hi to your sister for me...", the librarian finished.

Luz looked over her shoulder, the old woman went back to reading her magazine, "I will..", said Luz quietly and she would swear she saw the older woman smile, which was impossible, she said it too quietly for her to hear.

Letting that weirdness out of her mind, she continued to the library itself, it was very old having almost no modern literature, so almost no young people ever visited, apart from the occasional College student depressingly looking for law or medical books.

Luz would not be surprised if she found some books from Jules Verne sorted as brand new works.

But today Luz was grateful for all that, it was giving her hope to find at least something that spoke about magic and took it at least a little bit seriously, but first there was something else she was itching to do since last night.

She quickly walked through the library, clutching the papers and pen in her hand, when she finally found a secluded enough table she sighed in relief and immediately sat down.

Luz laid her papers in front of her and put the pen to paper, hesitating.

She did not mean anything she said to her mother, but knowing she was not sincere and doing more magic felt like two different things.

'I can't just stop...', she told herself, she had a world to save and friends to rescue, 'Now draw Luz', she encouraged herself, slowly and carefully drawing a light glyph, but then hesitating.

Her finger hung over the glyph, it was true that the strange mist that escaped from her was not something that ever happened back on the isles.

She sat there for a moment, before gathering her resolve and tapping the paper.