Chapter 1

29 BBY - 6 years old

"Lora! Lora, wake up!" I wake up by my mother shaking my shoulders.

"Ma?"

"Lora, we have to go, now!"

She pulls me out of bed, still wearing my pajamas. She runs through our house, outside I can hear someone screaming and some loud bangs that I don't know what are. Suddenly she pushes me against the wall and looks me in my eyes.

"Close your eyes darling, now" I shake my head and tries to hug her, but she pushes me back and grabs my face with her hands,

"Lo, please, just close your eyes" she has tears in her eyes, and I finally do. I feel her pick me up and carry me somewhere. When I feel some warm air hitting me, I know we are outside. I'm confused, and even though my mother have told me not to open my eyes. I do. Carefully lifting my head from my mothers shoulder, I open my eyes to see chaos. Fire, everywhere. Nothing but fire. My eyes catches on a figure lying close to the entrance of our home. My father.

"Pa, no, PA!" I scream, not caring that my mother now knew that I have disobeyed her.

"No, Lora, no, no, keep quiet" she hisses at me. I don't listen and keep on screaming.

Before I know it, a loud bang is heard, and my mother fall as long as she is while she screams in pain.

My head is hurting and as I touch it, some blood tickles down my face. I turn to look at my mother, but find her with closed eyes and not breathing.

"NO, MA" My small body shaking unable to understand what just happened.

"Now, now, what do we have here?" a pirate chuckles while coming near me. "Such a sweet little thing, right honey?" I crawl backwards, scared of what would happen if he caught me. When I was younger, my father would tell me stories of pirates that would take small children, and sell them for spice.

"Get away from the girl!" Another voice comes from behind me, but I am too scared to look back.

"And who do we have here?" the pirate just look amused.

"I said, get away from the girl!" The man says again with a stern voice.

The pirate don't listen and take another step closer to me. But as he do, a swoosh is heard behind me, and even with my back to the man, I can feel the heat and see the light of a lightsaber. A jedi?

My thought is confirmed when the pirate backs away with a scared look on his face.

"Fine, fine, you can have her, jedi scum" He spits at the ground before running off.

There is a silence, before the man walks in front me and sits beside me on the ground.

"Are you okay, child?" I don't answer, still shaking from everything that happened.

"Are you cold?" I just shake my head.

"I'm Mace, Mace Windu, I'm a jedi master, what's your name?"

"Lora" I whisper.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that?"

"I'm Lora" I say again, a little louder.

"Well, hello Lora, I'm glad to meet you" He gives me a small smile, "I have a ship nearby, would you mind coming with me? We can get that cut cleaned up." He looks at at my forehead, reminding me of the pain.

I just nod. He stands up and dusts himself off, before stretching his hand out to help me up. Still shaking I take his hand. Still hand in hand, we start to walk towards his ship. I look back and see my mother still lying there on the cold ground. I stop walking, and just as I am about to run back, Mace grabs my waist and lifts me off the ground. Even though I scream and kick him, he just keeps going. At some point I must have drifted off because of exhaustion of what happened.

I wake up as I am being placed in a chair. I feel Mace leaving the room, and only then I open my eyes. I am in a cockpit, I know that since my father is a flight mechanic, so I've gone with him to work a few times. The sun has begun to rise, it's casting a deep orange over the sky. I get a feeling that Mace is coming back into the room again, so I close my eyes again. And just as I predicted, I hear the doors open just a second later. I can hear him sit down beside me and starting to clean the cut.

"You know, I can feel that you are awake" He doesn't sound mad, not even because I kicked at him. "You don't have to hide, you are safe now". I still don't open my eyes. I hear him sigh before he stands up and switches seats and pressed some controls. And not before long, I feel the ship take of beneath me. Only then I open my eyes, I look out the glass. I have a feeling that I might never return to my planet. So I keep my eyes frozen, looking out the glass until we enter hyperspace. I have never been outside the atmosphere before, so seeing hyperspace feels insane.

"We still have a long trip back to Coruscant, you might want to rest a bit" Mace says, still looking forward.

I decide to take his advice and close my eyes. Trying to get all the awful sights from the morning out of my mind. With the help the ships rocking, it doesn't take long before my mind closed, and I fall into a peaceful sleep. 

Authors note

I decided to age her up from being five to six as I felt it made more sense. Sorry for any confusion it might have caused.