Chapter 20

I wake up by Obi-Wan opening my blinds and letting the sharp Coruscant sun in. I pull my blanket over my head.

"No, please let me sleep," I groan and beg.

I hear Obi-Wan sigh. "I already let you sleep longer than I should've."

"You know, I think I might be getting sick, I don't feel well," I tell him while putting my hand on my forehead.

"You don't think that you are trying to get out of the council meeting?"

I sit up and start to fidget with my nails.

"Lora, don't do that, you are going to hurt yourself," he says and pulls my hands from each other. I look up at him with a tired expression.

"It's going to be okay, I promise you," he promises. I give a few nods trying to get the conversation to be over. "Go and get yourself ready, then we can get some breakfast."

"I don't think I can eat anything, Obi-Wan," I tell him.

"Alright, as long as you promise to eat afterwards," he makes me promise. After I agree to it, he leaves. I fall back onto the bed, my hands running over my face. It takes a little while before I make myself get out of bed and change clothes. What if they don't believe me? I look at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath before walking out of my room and into the living room, where Obi-Wan is sitting on our couch. He instantly notices me and pats the spot next to him, which I take.

"I need you to do something for me," he tells me, I nod hesitantly. "When we are in the meeting. They might ask to verify the things you've told them."

I nod again while asking. "How are they going to do that?"

"That's the thing. They would do that by looking into your mind," he explains, scanning my face for a reaction.

I abruptly stand up from the couch. "What?! That's so invasive!"

"I know. And I don't agree with the procedure, but unfortunately it's not my decision." He explains calmly.

"There are so many other things they accidentally could see, it's several years we're talking about." I continue to rant.

"Do you have anything to hide?" Obi-Wan asks, still sitting on the couch.

"No... I...No," I reply. Could they get mad about Korkie?

He stands from the couch and puts his hand on my shoulder to calm me. "Then you have nothing to worry about."

A knock from the door pulls us away from our thoughts. The door opens and Anakin walks in. "It's time."

I look at Obi-Wan confused. Why is Anakin here?

"I hired him to make sure that you don't run away before it's your turn to explain," he explains. It honestly doesn't surprise me. The entire walk to the council room is silent. At least I can't hear anything, but that might be because I'm so deep in thought. What if they don't believe me, and believe him? The first part of the meeting I'm not going to participate in, the council will discuss how they will question me. After that they will call me in where I will explain everything, the part that scares me the most. They will then send me out of the room again and talk about how to proceed. Then finally they will call me back in and tell me what they decided.

"I'll come out and get you in a while, I promise to do what I can, to make this least painful," my master says before entering the council room. I take a seat on the bench, leaning my head against the wall.

"It's going to be fine, you know that right?" Anakin says while taking a seat beside me.

"I don't know what to think," I admit.