Chapter 32

"Masters Krell and Tiin will be supporting my troops in the south while Anakin's battalion comes in from the north and takes out enemy reinforcements. It is imperative that we conquer the capital city as quickly as possible and hold it," my master explains while pointing at a holomap R2 is displaying.

"Our biggest problem is gonna be the local militia," Anakin steps forward. "The Umbarans have aligned themselves with the Separatists and are heavily armed. ARC Trooper Fives will be assisting my units on special assignments."

"Ready to do my part, General Skywalker," Fives says, a little smile breaks out on my face at their eagerness to do their duty.

"Good to have you onboard," Rex nods at him.

"Just like old times, Rex."

"Beside that, we also have the company of Lora for this mission," Anakin says, making me furrow my brows. I didn't know about that.

"Remember, Anakin. Cody and I will be 12 klicks to your south. We're counting on you to take out those local fighters or, I'm afraid, the capital will never surrender," Obi-Wan reminds us, mostly Anakin.

"Does my battalion have to do everything?" Anakin sighs.

"You seem to always volunteer," my master points out before gesturing for me to come with him. I follow him to the side. "Lora, be careful okay. I know that Anakin will be there and all, but still, look out for yourself."

"I will, I promise," I nod.

"Good, now hurry before Anakin leaves without you," he rushes me away. I look back and see Anakin already on the gunship and ready to leave. I quickly run to the ship and take a place between Anakin and Rex. I can feel the ship leave the cruiser and hear the immediate fire.

"There's a lot of surface fire," Rex says as I tighten the grip around the bar.

"Nothing we can't handle, sir," Hardcase reassures. A loud whoosh catches my attention as the gunship beside gets blown up and crashes down into the surface. I notice Tup's force signature being more unsteady than the other clones. "You hangin' in there, Tup?"

"So far so good, Commander," he replies.

"General Skywalker, I'm turning the lights out. Our night vision sensors are having a tough time in this chop. I hope we don't overshoot the landing site," Hawk, our pilot, informs us.

"Just get us as close as you can," Anakin tells him as we're nearing the ground.

"Time to lock and load," Hardcase yells excitedly. We fly close to the ground which makes it possible for us to get off the ship safely. The moment I step on the ground, I have to fight to keep the shots away. As the ships leave, we all begin rushing and forcing the Umbarans back.

"This map has a ridge at 23 degrees north, northwest," Rex yells.

"Good. We can use it as a staging area," Anakin replies.

"That's it! Take 'em round right!" I hear several clones yell enguraging. All I can hear are screams of injured or dead clones and the sound of cannons being fired. On the top of a hill right in front of us, are several cannons firing again and again, gaining a huge advantage.

"Don't stray too far! The enemy could have this whole place rigged with traps," Anakin warns us, making me take a few steps closer to him.

"I can't even see the enemy!" Tup complains. Suddenly I hear the terrified screams of several clones, but without hearing a bang. I turn around and see two clones being thrown around in the air by a vine or something. In the middle is a mouth that has a million sharp teeth, and has six arms that can grab everyone.