Chapter 21

"Ahsoka, are you okay? You seem tired," I ask her as we sit on my bed after finishing some homework. Or more me sitting against the wall with her laying down.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she says but still sounding off. I raise my eyebrows.

"I don't know. I've been having these dreams, or visions, as Master Yoda calls them. They are telling me that someone I know that's close to me is going to die," she gives in and tells me. I narrow my eyes in thought.

"Do you know who?"

"No, that's the thing. I don't know who to protect." She exclaims. We sit in silence for a bit. I notice her closing her eyes. She probably needs the rest.

I stand from the bed and start to clean up the books we used. Putting them away and stacking them in a corner. Suddenly she shoots up and gasps.

"Are you okay?" I hurry to her side.

"Senator Amidala is in danger," she tells me with wide eyes.

"Padme is in danger?" I ask her, it sounds... I don't know.

"We have to go and warn her!" She gets out of bed and pulls me out of my room and into the hall.

"Woah, slow down," I tell her as she speeds down the stairs and out of the temple. She doesn't reply and keeps on dragging me. We enter the temple hangar, and take a speeder. In a few minutes, we reach Padme's apartment complex. Padme's bodyguard, Gregar Typho, greets us at the door.

"Jedi, what can I do for you?" He asks.

"We need to speak with Senator Amidala," Ahsoka says. "It's urgent."

"Unfortunately, the senator is busy," Typho informs us.

"Please, this is very important," I tell him. He lets us in. We walk into the living/dinning space to find Padme packing a suitcase.

"Senator," Tupho grabs the attention of her. "Padawan Ahsoka Tano and Lora Caran are here to see you."

"Senator Amidala," Ahsoka greets her.

"Ahsoka, it's so good to see you," she says and pulls her into a tight hug before turning to me and doing the same.

"I haven't seen you in forever," she tells me.

"I know, it's been too long," I reply.

"So how have you been?" Padme asks us, directing us to the couch.

"Honestly, I've been better. I'm worried for you, Senator. I sense you are in grave danger," Ahsoka explains the reason for our visit.

"What makes you believe that?" Padme asks her.

"I've been having dreams... bad dreams. Padme, I know you're in danger. I just know it!" Ahsoka continues.

"What kind of danger?" Typho steps forward, as his mission to protect her.

"I believe that a very dangerous bounty hunter is out to assassinate you," Ahsoka finishes.

Padme sighs before talking. "This is troubling. Captain, please take all necessary precautions."

"You're leaving?" I ask her.

"Yes, Bail Organa and I are leading a conference concerning the refugees from the war. I leave for Alderaan in the morning," she explains.

"But the threat to your life..."

"Ahsoka, the refugee situation is much too crucial to ignore. I called this conference. It could make an enormous difference in policy. It's vital that I'll go."