3👨‍👧

"Looking good", Miss Helga said after we wore the clothes she gave us and re-did our hair.
"They are waiting for you. Make sure you get picked so that you don't spend another time here with Miss 'Meany' Helga", she said. "Good manners, remember".
"What kept you so long?" Mrs. Thompson asked.
"Please, forgive me. Here comes the girls", Miss Helga said.
"Good morning", the girls chorused as soon as they entered the room.
"Good morning girls", responded the couple.
"How are you?" The couple asked.
"Fine, thank you", they replied.
"And you?" Odelia quickly asked.
"I'm as fit as a fiddle. How nice. Thank you", Mrs. Thompson said as she looked at Odelia with fondness.
"Welcome", Odelia said.
"Honey, I've made up my mind. I want this chubby girl", Mrs. Thompson said to her husband.
"Whatever you want is what I want", he said and planted a kiss on her forehead.
The rest of the girls turned to look at Odelia who was beaming with smiles. She was happy. She is about to have a family. She only came three years ago. She lost her parents in a fire. What about Jaclyn who has not received the love of being in a family.
"What's your name?" Mr. Thompson asked.
"Odelia is my name but my friends call me Oddy", came her reply.
"Nice name. You've got my late daughter's name", Mrs. Thompson said.
"We'll sign the papers right away", Mr. Thompson said.
"Go get your things, Odelia Thompson", Miss Helga said, "Even though you wouldn't need them".
"You can go back to your room now", Miss Helga said to the girls with the exception of Odelia.
The six girls walked back to their room in silence, each of them, lost in their thoughts.
"Well, guys, it's time to say goodbye", Odelia broke the silence.
"Oh Oddy! We are going to miss you so much", cried Leslie.
"I know Les. I'm going to miss you too, all of you. Wanne, Les, Kaly, Jac and Ana. I love you girls. It is time for lucky Oddy to say goodbye. In my heart, we are not just friends but sisters forever", Odelia said.
"I love you too Oddy", Kalyca hugged her.
"I'm glad, at least one of us got picked. We hope you'd come and pay a visit and donate to Heather's Home", Jaclyn said.
"At least, you don't get to spend another time with 'Miss Meany Helga' ", Cipriana mimicked. The girls laughed.
"Good one Ana. Oddy, goodbye. Let's give the one big fancy hug", Wannetta said.
And they did so.
"Don't worry, you'd get yours one day. I'll keep on praying to God to give you good parents especially you, Jac", Odelia said.
"Wait, before you leave I have to do something for you. That's the norm", Miss Helga said.
"When people come for adoption, don't hide Ana, Wanne, Jac, Les and Kaly in the isolation room. Bring them out for people to adopt them", Odelia said.
"Okay, if that is what you want, then it shall be done", she said.
"Come say bye to Odelia", Mrs. Thompson said.
They all took their turns in hugging Odelia when they were outside on the compound. They watched Odelia being driven away in a Mercedes Benz car.
Immediately the car was out of sight, they entered the orphanage to have their lunch.