Chapter 4: In the Middle of Nowhere

Ambi stepped out of her carriage to stretch her legs a bit. Three days of continuous travelling was dreadfully tiring. What a mercy the carriage was one of the best she had ever travelled in. She fingered the gold gildings wistfully. Atlanteans! Their everything is of gold, including hearts!

'You said these horses are the fastest, but I feel we don't seem to be going faster enough.'

She said to her lady-in-waiting. 

'Your Grace, that's because you are in love.' She brought fresh fruits in an ornate plate and fetched a drink that was so refreshing, Ambi almost forgot her fatigue. 

They had already come a long way. She could recognise some quaint villages and landscape as she had ridden by just 2-3 days ago under abduction with Ambini and Ambira. 

'Prince Bravin is a noble man. You Atlanteans are very fortunate.'

'Yes, your Grace. But to be with your loved one is the best of all. Allow me to do your hair so you look your best when you meet your love.'

'Yes, I would love that.' She blushed. A few hours more and we should be entering the city of Shavil.

 A few hours more and we should be entering the city of Shavil

Shavil was neighbouring kingdom of Kashiki. So the terrain wasn't so very different. Straight dusty rutted roads would sometimes pass through crowded village Bazaars and often through sparse green woods or farms. And Ambi wasn't particularly thinking about anything except the fact that she was actually going back to Shavilon.

It was almost evening as the carriage finally pulled in front of the palace gates. The same palace that Ambi had seen as a child when she had visited it with her parents. Once I get married to him I will meet my parents and tell them of my adventures.

She stood up holding her pretty silk elaborate gown.

'Your Grace, Princess Ambi of Kingdom Kashiki.' The Atlantean guard crisply announced as her five lady's in waiting helped her alight from the carriage carefully. 

'I have come to see his Majesty, the King'

It wasn't everyday that a princess arrived at the castle doorsteps. But the King was as taken aback as the guards.

'Princess Ambi?' 

'Your Majesty, my King!' She dropped to her knees to greet him joyously. King Shavilon raised her up by her shoulders looking deep into her large glistening eyes.

'I can't believe this. Is it really you?' 

'We are indeed blessed, Your Majesty. I am coming straight from Atlantis.'

'But why did you come back? What happened. That beast of a man abducted you right before everyone's eyes and rode off. I tried fighting him but nobody supported me so I couldn't do anything. Tell me what happened after that.'