Happiness and Fulfillment

One year time skip...

You were curled up next to Simon, the soft glow of the TV illuminating the cozy living room. Riley, was sleeping contentedly on his plush bed nearby.

"Sweetheart?" Simon's voice broke the comfortable silence.

"Yeah?" You turned your gaze to him, curiosity dancing in your eyes.

"Let's move in together."

Your heart skipped a beat and you felt a rush of excitement and joy flood through you.

"Really? Like actually?" your voice filled with disbelief and happiness.

Simon's gaze met yours, his expression serious yet tender. He reached out, cupping your cheek with his hand, his thumb gently caressing your skin.

"Dead serious, love," he affirmed. "We already spend the night at each other's houses all the time, I think it would be a step in the right direction... but only if you're ready love."

You leaned into his hand, feeling the warmth of his touch. His lips met yours in a soft, reassuring kiss.

"No pressure, sweatheart" he added, his voice filled with sincerity. "If you're not ready, I understand."

You couldn't help but laugh at his words, feeling a wave of relief wash over you. Cupping his face in your hands, you looked into his eyes, your heart overflowing with love.

"Si, I've been beating myself up the entire week trying to figure out how to ask you. Of course, I would love to," you confessed, a wide smile spreading across your face.

Simon's eyes grew with happiness as he returned your smile, his lips meeting yours in another soft kiss.

"Wait, what about your house? Are you renting or buying?" you asked, your brows furrowing with concern.

Simon let out a sigh, running a hand over his face. "Bloody hell, I'm buyin,"

You thought for a moment, considering his options. "Are any of your friends looking for a house?" you suggested, hoping to find a solution.

Simon leaned back, contemplating your suggestion. "Kyle mentioned settling down a few times," he mused, his fingers tracing absent-minded circles on your leg.

"Maybe he could move into the house and pay you the monthly payments until the house is fully paid off," you proposed, the idea forming more clearly in your mind.

Simon's gaze softened as he considered your proposal. "That could work, I could talk to him about it. See if he's interested."

You nodded, feeling a sense of relief wash over you. Leaning into Simon's comforting presence, you rested your head in his lap as he gently massaged the back of your neck.

That night, Simon called Gaz and had a lengthy conversation with him on the phone, discussing the details of the plan you had suggested.

Gaz agreed that it was a perfect arrangement. He loved the area and the house, and he had been considering settling down but hadn't found the right place until now. The prospect of living just a few houses down from his friend and his lovely girlfriend was perfect.

A few weeks later, Kyle flew into town with Johnny. As you heard a knock on your door, you hurriedly walked over, peeking through the peephole and breaking into a wide smile when you saw the two familiar faces. Opening the door, you greeted them with open arms.

"It's so nice to see you guys again," you exclaimed, wrapping your arms tightly around both of them.

"Ah, it's good to see you too, lass! Is Simon treating you well?" Johnny joked, a playful glint in his eye.