𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧.

─☼☼☼─

"𝙉𝙊 𝙒𝘼𝙔 𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙏 fucking worked," JJ exclaimed, moving around in his seat like a giddy little kid. 

Surprisingly, JJ's convincing really did work, and Barracuda Mike had agreed to fly them to South America. Charlotte didn't even want to ask what he had a plane for, nor did she want to know why JJ was in so much trouble with him in the first place.

He looked over at her, grin on his face, "We make quite the team, Charls."

Charlotte shook her head, returning the smile, "It was all you, J."

"Nah, it was your idea...I just ran with it." He fell quiet for a moment before adding, "but for the love of God, next time I ask you to stay in the car, will you please listen?"

A laugh fell from Charlotte's lips as she shook her head, "Listening isn't one of my strong suits."

"Yeah, no fucking shit." JJ muttered. 

The trees had begun to thin out, signalling that they were getting closer to their destination. They had passed a sign not long along denoting that Kitty Hawk was only a few miles down the road. Nerves swarmed Charlotte at what they were about to do. She knew trying to break Kiara out was not going to be easy, and it they failed...well, she didn't want to think about that right now. 

"How about you let me do the talking here," she proposed, already trying to come up with a plan in her head. 

JJ turned to her, offence covering his face, "You just said how well I did and now I'm getting demoted!?"

Charlotte shot him a look, "You bamboozled a guy named Barracuda Mike...I think these Kitty Hawk freaks are going to need a bit of a different touch."

"You gonna flirt with them?" JJ wondered, raising his brows. 

"No," Charlotte argued, slightly offended before muttering under her breath a quiet, "Only if I have to."

A low sigh came from JJ as he gripped onto the wheel a bit tighter, "Well get your pick-up lines ready because we're here."

Sure enough, the ominous Kitty Hawk sign loomed over them as they pulled up to the gates. Charlotte felt physically sick as she thought about her little sister in there. 

"Aw, shit." JJ whispered, two guards blocking their road into the camp. 

One of the men held out his hands, causing JJ to slow the Twinkie, "Hold it right there, please."

Luckily, he didn't seem to be one of the men who had taken Kiara from the Carrera house, meaning he wouldn't recognize Charlotte. 

"Can I help you two?" He wondered, looking between JJ and Charlotte, a slight look of suspicion on his features. 

Charlotte leaned over JJ so she could speak to the man, "Oh, hi!" She greeted with as much enthusiasm as she could muster, "I'm a counsellor here, just checking back in after my day off!"

JJ shifted beneath her. Because an effort to speak to her man, she'd dug her elbow into some part of his lap. He let out a small grunt as he tried to keep his face neutral.