•Chapter 1•

Author's Concession!!!

Beautiful Readers deciding to give my work a chance, I'd like to inform you that English is not my first language, just in case my grammatical skills pose as the trigger for dumping my book midway. I can affirm of myself working hard to improve, and although this book is drafted while I was a novice, be rest assured that an edit is soon coming to swipe off the unintentional blunders.

Thank You All.

Under The Bad Boy's Facade
First Book Of The Under Series

(TEEN-FICTION Romance Novel)

©️Blue Sky, 2024.

•Chapter 1•

Ashley's POV

"Quantum physics or commonly known as quantum mechanics, is a body of work in physics that seems to explain the universe on tiny scales..." I answered, defining the topic to the chubby looking short man while smiling about the question he asked.

My smile wasn't smug or anything, rather due to me finally getting to attend this class I have so long wanted to study. I finally got the chance to learn and study about my best subject, and that's quantum physics. Today is my first class learning the subject, but have read a lot about it before joining the class that makes the starting topics mere bridges I could leap over.

"Nice one Ashley." The man whose name I'm yet to memorized commended my response attached with a thumb up. "How are you new?" He quizzed, his face marred vaguely with confusion, a new girl like me shouldn't know much about this subject already. I could even say I know more than much about the subject, it's my favorite subject, it has to do with the mind and the brain. I love anything regarding those.

I grinned unable to construe any answer to his question, instead kept my head bent to avoid drawing attention from the other students occupying the class.

Funny thing is we're just ten in this class, and I'm not even surprised, none of the student wants anything to do with this subject. Apart from math, this is definitely the second most hated subject.

My name is Ashley Brown, and just like my last name implies, my features took too much after the word, long and curly brown hair, brown eyes, and the rest is just how I'm made..

After all the thorns and trouble; learning trouble to be precise, this is finally my last year at Ridge High, throughout my life here I can boldly call myself a ghost and still a ghost. I'm one of those peeps that has no friends or enemies, one that exist only as a fading shadow.

No one here knows about a girl who goes by the name Ashley, except for the teachers of course. The library is my friend, my best friend are my glasses and the books I'm always reading, I don't want to have friends, neither do I want be human among this people.

I hate anything that has to do with crowd, anything that has to do with the school knowing I existed is an abomination. And being human, that will go against all of it.

Yes I'm a book worm, I should be a straight A student; and I am to be honest. I met up with our teachers privately and told her to always give the first position to the person who came second, told her I refused to be recognized. It took a whole hours of explanations and convincing before she agreed.

My dad and mom owns a mini restaurant down our street; a local restaurant actually, only locals attend the restaurant. I'm their only child and daughter, and with everything my elder cousin narrated to me that she went through in high school, I really don't wish to be ever known in high school.

And besides, I love my ghost life in this school so much, plus I'll be graduating soon.

I mean no trouble, no bullying, nothing seems out of place for me. I'm leading with no hate, I have no enemies to even bother me for leading my own little world.