•Chapter 3•

•Chapter 3•

Perhaps I was giving her too much attention so I took out a new book from my bag and started reading it.

"Brownie!"

I ignored her. She should by now have gotten the tick that I don't want her talking to me or even trying to be my friend. "Brownie!" She wouldn't stop.

A tired sigh left my lips, there's only one thing left to do. I stood up with the rest of my books; she can hold on to that for all I care, I pushed my way past her, running out before she could think of following me.

I didn't exactly plan where I would be going in mind, so I headed straight for my locker, maybe to go see what subject I would be having for the next class, so I can go read ahead.

Getting to the hallway, I heard the bell rang signaling the end of the current class. The end of my English class, the one I skipped or bailed on or ran out of, whichever fits. I shrugged, not like she taught us anything today other than sign my life up for miseries.

Students are starting to fill the hallway, and I won't be surprise if I find myself on the floor before I got to my locker. I increased my trotting pace with my stuffs clung tightly to my chest. I got there, panting like a frightened baby.

I worked on my locker, screwing it open. The woodsy scent of books greeted my nose afterwards, there were so many books in my locker, nothing else is in my locker except for books. I don't think I'm a book worm, I think I'm a book freak. I'm addicted to reading, I have never had a minute fun my whole life, reading is what I call my own fun and it's fun actually.

I took just what I'm here for, which is my timetable, I happened to have Geometry class next, the class is always noisy and a bit stuffy, some of the students in the English class might be there, of course they would be there.

My head was bent down so I could see the pair of two solid feet standing inches away from me, or my locker, or maybe right beside me. I looked up and my locker door was covering me from seeing his face. When I saw the locker about closing on my face I moved back. What the hell? Would he have hit me?

"Toothless?" His familiar voice called, and I felt the need to keep my head bent forever.

I didn't bother looking up to who almost injured me right now, his voice gave him out already. "Are you deaf now?" He quizzed, leaning down to directly look at my face.

I glanced up, matching his golden amber for a brief second before tearing away.

"Whether you're deaf or dumb, I just need you to know I was unable to convinced Ms Flora about not having you as my partner. So suck up whatever shit bothering you, and let's get to working. I don't want to fail." He spewed endlessly into my face.

Why does he have a nice voice? My ears were focused on how great of a man he sounded to listen to whatever he was yabbing about.

"I'm Casey anyway,"

"Who doesn't know that?" I commented inwardly, not realizing my mouth moved and said it out loud, with a fucking scoff attached at the end.

"Would you look at that? I thought toothless is indeed toothless?" He chuckled. And I became curious to know what expression masks his face.

I looked up to see him smirking, the striking combination of features he possessed refusing to let my eyes go. He is so fine, and for what reason!

From those wavy jet black hair of his that looks so soft, wet, and always falling in the right place, framing a perfection out of his symmetrical face. I couldn't help a longer gaze on him.

"Got anything else to say?" His brows furrowed, morphing a questioning look.

"You're so handsome," the words spilled out of my gut without my control. Shit!

I clamped my palm against my mouth before any other words would slipped out unconsciously. I heard him laugh. Fuck I'm doomed.

Why is today such a bad for me? Good lord rewrite my existence, please!

"I don't do toothless, else I'd give you a taste of this charm. Come to the field after school, so we can discuss our project. Bye toothless, try not to get off thinking about me!" He laughed once again, taking backward steps till he faded completely out of my sight.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" I cussed, slapping hard on my forehead. I hate myself so much right now. I literally just buttered the idiot's ego.

He might be all that in looks, but he's a zero compare to my type and those I fancy. Platonically or romantically, he fits nowhere in both.

I repeat, I hate Ms Flora for what she did, for bringing up a new topic out of nowhere, one that involves a practical, a practical leading to having a partner, and now here I am teamed with an egoistical fool.

He was the one that did the convincing not me, I should go do my convincing, one I'm very sure it'd work. Just that I will have to miss few teaching from my next class.

It didn't took me long before I found Ms Flora's office, she sat there on her exclusive chair with a pen tapping constantly on her lip, her face was focused on the textbook she was holding and going through, her entire self was focused on the book; because I'm standing in her office and she's yet to notice my presence.

"Uhm uhm." I cleared my throat to gain her attention, one I got afterwards.

She smiled upon seeing me, dropping all she was holding. "Ashley, take a seat!" She gestured politely, pointing a finger on the chair sitting across her.

"Anything you need my help with?" She asked the moment my butt reluctantly placed itself on the chair surface.

"Yes ma'am," I answered, making sure my voice sounded polite and gentle as I could ever muster.

"Wondering what that might be?" She pondered out to me, indirectly asking me what's it.

"Ma'am is there anyway I can do my project alone and won't have to do it with Casey?" I asked, highly hoping for a positive answer.

"Why my dear?"

Although my face was up, but I wasn't looking at her. Not like I don't have the courage or boldness to, but I don't just keep gazes with people. Even with my parents. I always felt like there's more to looking at each other while talking, I feel people can read you or your thoughts through looks, people like me can read other people's thoughts just by looking at them. Since I can, then some other people can also, and I certainly do not want that being done to me so I never keep gazes.

"Ashley, why?" She asked again, dragging me back to the reality of her question, and there was no answer cooking up in response to it.

"Ma'am can I just please get a new partner please, the reasons or why are quite personal. Take one of why I do give my first position out to the second for the reason and please help me." I resorted to begging, I won't survive as Casey's partner.

She didn't say anything in response, and instead stare deeply into the silent drifting space. I just wish she'd listen and be considerable.

"Okay Ashley, who do you want as your partner?"

Honestly I want no one, I prefer doing this alone, I doubt she'd allow that, but I'm willing to try my luck. "I want nobody, I can do the project or practical alone, I want nobody to help me out at all," I fessed in a pleading manner. I haven't landed when she started nodding her head sideways in a disagreeing manner.

"You must have a partner, Ashley. It is a must. Casey won't be your partner anymore, Gwen Murdock will be your new partner, find her and you both should go work on your project. I will inform both Casey and Gwen on this switch, and you can see yourself out now Miss Brown." She addressed, immediately going back to reading or studying her textbook before I came in.

I stood up dejectedly going out of her office. At least I won't be Casey partner anymore, and I hope this Gwen isn't the one I met at the library.

I was stepping out of her office when a hand gripped my wrist, I looked to see who the fuck was it, only to be met with Delaney's raging gaze filled with contempt.