A Big Day

Due to his apparent muted voice, kirishima ends up staying in the hospital for a week after he wakes up. After that, Aizawa gives him one of the jobs available on the desks at his agency with midoriya, who is still recovering from childbirth and doesn't do full shifts so that he can have time with his baby but also work. Todoroki does the same (neither of them wants to be in the house all day and Inko offers to help with Aiko for the few hours they spend at work).

Luckily, kirishima has started speaking again, but only to certain people and very quietly still. However, the doctors are optimistic that he will make a full recovery.

-----------------------------------

Sitting in the break room, kirishima joins the rest of the bakusquad at a table, staying seated in his wheelchair next to kaminari. The firehouse is now fully aware of their relationship and full-heartedly supports it.

Although the pregnancy came as a surprise to everyone involved, everyone has adapted well to it and kirishima and bakugou welcome this new addition into their lives. Even though currently it is making kirishima quite tired he is still in a considerable amount of pain from his injuries that are still healing without the support of any stronger pain medications he could take if he wasn't pregnant.

Smiling, mina pulls kirishima into a gentle side hug and asks, "How are you today? Is that nausea still pretty bad?"

Sighing, kirishima nods slightly and says, "Yeah, but it's okay..."

Nodding, mina asks, "Do you want anything? I can see if I can find bakugou for you, he should be in his office or something."

"Okay, thanks..."

With a hum, mina stands up and leaves to find said blonde as the others work to get kirishima onto the sofa and provide him with a drink and a small snack. Kirishima is more than grateful for their support - they were like this with midoriya as well - and it makes him feel more like he's part of the firehouse team. Even Iida, who he hasn't had much time to get to know, is very supportive, kind and compassionate, which is just what he needs after a morning of throwing up and pain.

Soon, bakugou and mina walk inside together and bakugou quickly joins kirishima on the sofa, letting the redhead move them around until he's comfortable. Sighing, he runs his hands through kirishima's hair until he falls asleep there and then he continues with the paperwork he was doing in his office. Since he has returned from the hospital, kirishima won't go to sleep without bakugou being there with him. Again, this is something the doctors are struggling to explain, but they think that the coma might have induced a bad memory to surface in his subconscious state and that is what has traumatised him this much.

The others continue with what they were doing before, letting the two of them have some peace. Eventually, kirishima wakes up again, immediately being greeted by the others and offered something to eat. He smiles to show his gratitude towards his friends, but politely declines the offer and instead gets himself something to drink.

---------------------------------

Arriving at his house, kirishima blinks as he sees his mother and mum waiting there for him in his living room. Bakugou is with him and is equally confused, especially since the women seem a little uncomfortable. Tilting his head, he asks, "Is there something we can help you with...?"

The two women sigh and shake their heads, but then they hear an unfamiliar voice and look over to see a black-haired man walking into the room. Kirishima frowns at the sight of him, clearly unhappy about the unannounced visit of the man.

"Eijiro; long time, no see. I came since I heard from someone that my son is pregnant, again."

Bakugou blinks and narrows his eyes slightly, knowing that kirishima's father is anything but good news. He remembers what kirishima had told him about his father and it's enough to know that the man isn't a good person and his turning up out of the blue isn't a good thing in the slightest.