𝟎𝟏. ( the new isabel park. )

GROWING UP being Jay Park's younger sister was never easy

GROWING UP being Jay Park's younger sister was never easy. Having to put up with the constant teasing was something Isabel Park despised at times when it wasn't funny. Being ganged up on by Jay and his friends wasn't ideal, and having to deal with the numerous flings he'd bring over was annoying. She hated having to wear the boys hand-me downs, and absolutely hated having to watch his programs all night when he took over the tv.

Though, there were positives about being his younger sister. He was funny (at times), and she always knew she was well protected when in school. She enjoyed it when he'd allow her to join him in a video game and actually include her in things — and, she especially liked the fact his best friend, Jake Sim.

There was something about the brunette haired boy that made her feel drawn to him. She wasn't sure if it was because of his contagious smile, or because he would spoil her rotten, or if it was because she knew that he (specifically out of all of Jay's friends) was off limits to her ever having a relationship with.

Jake was well known around the area they lived. He would constantly be out partying during his high school days, and messing around with many girls — far too many to count. It even got to a point where his parents were becoming frustrated with their sons behavior, so the Sim boy started bringing his flings back to the Park residence. He was also captain of the Football team which was practically a Venus Flytrap for the girls in his year.

And yet, despite the boy's reputation and behavior, Issy still found herself wanting him. She loved his sweet, innocent eyes and his plump lips — and definitely his dark, brown locks of thick hair. She also loved that despite his playboy tendencies, he was always kind and respectful to her because after all, she was his best friends baby sister. He saw her like a sister of his own and Isabel Park hated that. The old Isabel hated that...

After both Jake and Jay left for Australia in January, neither of the boys had returned to Korea on their breaks due to hectic schedules — which was perfect for Issy, because that gave her more time to get over the Sim boy and work on herself.

As the months went by, and Isabel began to relish life to its fullest, she started to forget about Jake Sim. He went from being in her mind as soon as she woke up in the morning, to only sprouting up whenever the words 'playboy', or 'Jay's best friend' was brought up.

Besides Jake, she started focusing more on herself — though, she did take Jake's advice of maintaining her good grades because now that she was in her final year of high school, she was thriving. Even though she was at the top of her class, she was no longer seen as the 'nerd' because according to her classmates, she had the visuals to make up for the nickname.

She'd grown into her looks a lot, and thanks to the numerous videos she would watch about skin care on YouTube, her skin began looking fresh and healthy — and almost pimple free.

She started wearing makeup after a immature boy in her class made fun of her acne, and so from then on, it became a daily task to apply more and more. Her techniques had improved tons as time went on and she'd gotten use to having to wear it every day to school (which she hated putting on so early in the morning.)

So now, as Issy packed away her paintbrushes into the flimsy case at her art club, she had a wide smile on her pink, glossy lips whilst listening to something her best friend, Niki had shared.

Ever since joining the art club in February of that year and meeting Nishimura Riki — or Niki as he likes to go by — the two instantly became close despite the small age gap they shared. They had many things in common and had almost the exact same humor. They bounced off of each other.

"I can't wait to meet your brother tomorrow." Niki announced, washing the paintbrushes in the paint covered sink as Isabel had moved to stand beside him so that she could dry the brushes off.

Immediately, a smile tugged at the corner of her lips at the thought of her older brother. She hadn't seen him since January — it was now August. That was the longest time the Park siblings had ever gone without seeing each other, and despite them constantly bickering and teasing one another, she still missed Jay.

The Park family were going on their annual holiday to their holiday home in Jeju Island. It was something they did every year since Issy turned three. They went so often, that the girl had a few close friends over their.

She was excited this year more than ever, because she was going to see her brother again, however, she knew Jake would be joining, and just the thought of him made her heart beat nervously against her chest.

Though, after begging her mother and father to allow her to bring a friend also, they eventually gave in, and without a doubt Issy asked Niki to join her on the getaway trip.

"And I can't wait to meet Mr. Jake Sim." Niki teased, wiggling his eyebrows and he wriggled his body and nudged his best friend, causing her eyes to widen slightly at the said boys name. She had almost forgotten about him...

"Don't even, Niki," Issy chuckled out a warning, rolling her eyes as she put away the now clean objects. "I definitely hyped him up too much when we first met — now, he's just ew." She girl scrunched her face up in disgust, however, what she was feeling inside wasn't notching up right with what she was saying.

She felt guilty — like Jake was in the same room as her and heard her, hurting his feelings. And, she knew deep down she'd lied to Niki. Jake Sim wasn't 'ew', he was far from it.

"Now, I know you're lying." Niki shook his head disappointedly as he wiped his hands on the towel. "You know you do this think with your eyebrows, you twitch —"

"Oh, shut up, Niki." Issy jokingly hit the boy with the damp cloth, making him laugh as she walked away to collect her things. "I'm not lying — Jake isn't as perfect as I once thought he was. He's a player and doesn't know how to treat girls right."

Isabel was shocked at the words that were leaving her mouth. Never in her four years of knowing Jake Sim did she think she would be speaking about him the way she was — but here she was, removing her apron, ranting to her best friend about him.

"Good—" Niki nodded, a smile of proudness on his lips as he too, removed his apron. "You're too good for boys like him." He shrugged and Issy couldn't help but smile at his words. She would always love and appreciate his words of affirmation.

"So that's why, when we go to Jeju, you're going to find a Summer fling." He grinned mischievously, instantly making Isabel scoff and knock her shoulder into him and she rolled her eyes again.

"No, thank you." She shook her head. "I'm done with boys for now. I'm going to wait for after high school — then I can get a man." Issy chuckled and so did Niki.

"Whatever you say, Issy." Niki said, a breathy laugh falling from his lips as they exited the art club and out into the Sunmer evening, both equally excited for the next few weeks to come.

✿