*|| Pace Yourself ||*

______________________

🐱 BEFORE YOU READ: 🐱
This is the very first part of the story! Thank you for reading.

There is a playlist specifically made for this story, it will be updated with every single book part. Find the playlist by looking up "Red Heart" the creator name will be under "dizzy"!
Song to listen to for this part: Karma by Taylor Swift
______________________

I shook, freezing from the fan turned on in my room. Throwing my huge white fluffy blanket off of me, I hop up and flip the switch closest to the door. I sigh and then quickly smile.

"That's better."
The fan slowly comes to a stop.

I slap myself back down on my bed, as the mattress consumes me.

*ding*

I hold my phone up to my face and click on the notification that leads me to Snapchat. I check my friend requests, and there it is. Red. He added me. I throw my phone to the pillow of my bed and shriek with excitement.

Let me give you the scoop. Red Williams is this tall(around 6'1), blonde guy at Brookman High. He's cute and always has a smile on his face. I'm Sophia Winfield, a proud Tiger at the same school. Taylor's my bestie, and we've been tight since forever. Whenever there's gossip or relationship stuff, Taylor Brooks is the one I go to.

Let's rewind to freshman year when Red first rolled into town. Imagine this: a new guy from Wisconsin, trading snow for Texas sun. It was all anyone could talk about – a boy in our grade, a rare sight among the usual influx of new girls. Me and Taylor were determined to spot him, but let's just say, we were blind as bats. Then came lunchtime, and there he was: tall, blond, with muscles that could rival a superhero's, and that smile? Absolutely killer. But just as I was picturing our first date, in walks Chloe Jendal. And just like that, my dreams crashed and burned. From then on, it was like Chloe and Red were glued at the hip, and rumors spread like wildfire. Now, let me tell you about Chloe. She's a total stunner, with glossy brown hair and a model-like figure. And while she's never been mean to me (we've never even had a disagreement), I couldn't shake this burning jealousy. But here's the kicker: Red wasn't into Chloe at all. He was just trying to be 'nice.' Meanwhile, I spent the whole freshman year convinced they were the ultimate power couple. Talk about a whirlwind of emotions, right?

______________________
🐱READ BEFORE CONTINUING🐱
Song to listen to: Holly Roller by Zach Bryan
______________________

Once I realized Chloe and Red's relationship was all smoke and mirrors, my impatience to connect with him grew stronger than ever. I mean, I barely knew the guy, but I had the biggest crush on him. So, when he finally added me on Snapchat sophomore year, you better believe I wasn't about to make the first move by sapping first.

After what felt like an eternity, I decided to snap him back. With a quick selfie showcasing my long brown hair and hazel-green eyes, I hit send, feeling a rush of excitement.

But let me tell you, the wait for his reply was excruciating. I kept checking my phone, turning it on and off in a desperate bid for distraction. Just when I was about to lose hope, a notification from Red popped up on my screen – only to be interrupted by my dad's unexpected arrival. Talk about timing.

"What's up, Sophie." My father opened the door from where it had already been cracked open. He smiled at me.

"Ooh, well nothing much."
I set my phone down in my lap.

"What do ya say we go get some dinner or somethin' later? You've been sitting in your room for so long I forgot you lived here." He says sarcastically.

My stomach growled at the thought of food. It does sound good about now, but what about my love life?

"Sure Dad, whenever you're ready."

"Alrighty, meet you in the car."
He walked back out from the doorway, leaving my door halfway open.

Looks like Red's gonna have to wait.