||* Different Directions *||

______________________
🐱 BEFORE YOU READ: 🐱
Song to listen to for this part: Appaloosa Bones by Gregory Alan Isakov
_____________________

Everything about that night was crazy, but the fact that Red stayed with me through all of it made it ten times better. Red lent me his sweatpants before we headed downstairs so they could look more like an outfit that Taylor gave me. Yes, Red knows everything, other than all the Cameron stuff I left out. When we both headed an hour back to my house, Red made sure to drop me off on the corner of our street to keep my dad from noticing it was him. We exchanged a quick hug before I darted to my house, which was a drastic change from the mansion I had just stayed in. My dad greeted me at the front door, along with my mother who had the day off.

"We won't be attending church this Sunday because we have multiple things to discuss. You can have time to settle down before coming into the living room, alright?" My dad placed a hand on my shoulder.

I couldn't respond, I was still acting like he was the person who ruined my life last night, wait, he was. After I set all my things down on my bed I realized I hadn't come home with the dress I was wearing the day before. I know it wasn't at Red's house... so I must've left it at Cameron's. Great.

"Hand me your phone. I'm installing an app on both you and your brother's phone so me and your mom can have your location for safety purposes." My father said as we both sat on opposite chairs at the dining room table with my mother spectating from her bedroom door.

I know it hasn't been mentioned before, but I have a little brother, Hunter. He's always in his room playing video games with his 6th-grade friends, and over at other people's houses, so we never really see each other because of how much I used to go out.

"Ok," I respond, maintaining a blank expression on my face.

The world felt dizzy, and my body ached from the soreness of my disappointment. At this moment, I didn't feel like anything was going to be okay, I felt chained to my own house.

"If you want to hang out with somebody, it must be on the weekend, and we must know the person, specifically girls. Boys can be talked about later because I don't feel like you're mature enough to keep a relationship as such. Plus, high school boys are no good anyways." Tod would explain, scrolling through the app store on my phone.

"Ok." I'd say repeating myself.

There was nothing I could say to keep my father from doing what he already planned on doing. If I commented, it would make the conversation an argument, and me and my Dad's arguments lasted around a week usually.

"That's all I guess." He'd sigh, handing my phone over.

I'd get myself up, and return to my room, closing the door behind me. I tried to drown out the chaos by diving into Snapchat, reaching out to Red for some much-needed support. And boy, did he deliver. His understanding words were like a lifeline in a sea of uncertainty.

"Hey, Red. Life at home isn't so good right now. A lot of restrictions were placed."

I'd settle myself in my bed, eagerly waiting for a response, and then he did.

"I'm sorry to hear that Sophie. If you need anything, I'm here."

His response made me kick my feet up in the air.

After hours, and I mean hours, of texting Red back and forth, the sun started to fall, and I started my nighttime routine. After taking care of all my needs, I seeped into my mattress and enclosed myself in blankets. A notification, which I thought was Red, brightened my phone.

"Haven't talked in a while. I have your dress y'know."

Cameron would send a text along with a photo of my dress sprawled out on his bed, and another picture of him smiling at the camera showing his abs.