🍫chєríshєd🍫

Washing away at the dishes Mrs. Scrubitt so kindly left for Willy and I, was not what I had in mind after such a strenuous work day scrubbing away at all the clothes that were never ending. Willy and I had been tasked with such a fabulous job that she didn't feel like doing herself, picking mostly me to torture since I'm the one that always fights back. And Willy? Well he's the newbie. Which means she'll pick on him a bit more than the others.

"Tell me why she's so..... mean?" I simply sighed whilst stopping my motions from cleaning the last dish of the day, looking up at a very close Willy, his glimmering green eyes boring into mine with so much curiosity. He was actually a breath of fresh air from what I'm used to. He's so.... innocent, kind, simply curious and a bit odd. But I loved it.

"Scrubitt? Well I for one think she was born evil. But that's just my opinion." What a lot of people don't know, is that she's my aunt. I like to hide that fact from everyone because I'm simply ashamed of the matter.

"There has to be something in life that changed her. I just don't believe someone could be so bad without a reason." I put up the last dish for the day, eyeing him from beside me with my usual attire drenched from the days work, never having a moment to dry. Willy is absolutely sweet to the touch. I wish I had his outlook on life.

"I used to idolize her growing up. But.... things changed. My mom died, dad left because he didn't want a child to begin with. Dropped me off on her door step, and skipped town the very same night. I was on cloud nine being with her. But she..... she changed. Her and my mom were close." And that's when it seemed to click in Willy's mind. That we were related. He eyed me with so many questions lingering in his beautiful mind, but no where near having an inkling of truth to the matter. My eyes averted to my feet with a pre longed sigh, before closing my eyes in an attempt to calm my once happy heart.

"She's my aunt, Willy. I don't hate her if that's what you're wondering. In fact, I love her. It's just.... she lost my mom as well as I and it really messed with her. She depended on her as much as I did." I finally managed to look at him, see the scrunch of his eyebrows from too many thoughts, his lips thinned from the immense sadness he felt crash throughout him for such a tragic outcome. But I learned to move on, having to brave this new world without the only person that meant the most, unfortunately.

"I know you don't hate her. I can tell. And that's a good thing. Because everyone deserves to have someone to cherish in their lives." I eyed him with such love in my heart for how full of wisdom he truly is, having grown on me rather quickly since being here. I honestly cherished him already.