Chapter 13: Lumière Des Étoiles

TW: Walburga mentioned, arguing (if that's one:))

Just a reminder that italics means the thoughts of the character: You Are Worth It.

Reggie:

This was it. It has been a long train ride, but mentally ten times longer. Being in a car with Barty, Evan, and Pandora wasn't the worst thing; if you don't count the endless flirting of the two oblivious boys and the sleeping Pandora.

I was reading my book the whole time. Nothing too interesting. That was until I saw Sirius standing outside the car, aggressively knocking on the sliding doors. He was in his muggle clothes; the one's mother absolutely despised. It was here that I figured that I was not only envious of Sirius, but also fairly pissed at him. I ignored him for a good minute, before both boys were staring at me and Pandora woke up.

"Reg, you going to get that or let him suffer?"

"Suffer? Pfft! I doubt that, Evan." I sneered, almost laughing.

"REGulUS....Pen....Th...Do...R!" I made out the words of Sirius.

"Fine, if I die, I let Pandora plan my funeral ...Also you get all my belongings; because you will not want my 'will'." I say, standing up.

Both boys were sputtering, mad that the fact they would not be getting put in the 'will'.

I walk over to the door and open it. I step out after Sirius takes a step or two back. I just glared at him, waiting for him to make the first action.

"Maybe we should find an empty car?" He suggested, looking me square in the eyes.

What did he need to talk about so importantly that he needs a separate room? I ask myself, as I nod. He walks down the train, finding an amazingly empty car. We both walk in, sitting opposite of each other. He exhales before starting.

"If I could explain, you would have novel before novel, my lumière des étoiles." He says carefully, looking at me softly.

(Translation: starlight or light from the stars lol)

"Sirius-" I get out, before realizing the little nickname.

He hasn't even called me lumière des étoiles. Maybe when I was younger, but I can't remember. That's what scares me most. I can't fully remember. Sure I can remember most of the bad times; because good times were scarce, but never have I thought of trying to remember them. I couldn't remember them.

"Listen, Regulus. You need to listen. I know I'm not your favorite, or even your top pick, but I need you to listen to me then talk. Okay?" He asks softly.

I nod, scared for what's next. He never had looked scared. Sure he did when he was being tortured, but never around only me. This also scared me.

"Alright. I need you to take deep breaths, but you aren't going home."

I blinked. I blinked again and again, trying to make sense of what my brother had just said. The only thing I could draw out from it was that they were taking me. Mother will be furious. She will murder.

"Sirius-" was the only thing I could get out.

"Reg, look, you're fine, it will be okay. I promise." He said, going and sitting beside me.

He took me in his arms and rocked me back and forth. James had done this to me prior. He knew it helped, just like James knew. I knew they were going to do something stupid.

I should have never opened up. Should have never let them in. Should have never seen them. They would be happy without me. They would be safe.

"Non! Elle va se mettre en colère, Sirius! Tu sais ça! S'il vous plaît, ne le faites pas! Vous ne pouvez pas! Vous êtes sauvé! Que cela suffise! S'il te plaît." I gasp out, trying to convince him.

(Translation: No! She will get mad, Sirius! You know this! Please don't! You can't! You are saved! Let that be enough! Please.) (I used google translate- so sorry but it's better than nothing <3)

"Shhh, it's okay mon étoile, mon souhait, mon petit frère. Calm down, breathe with me." He says again, still hugging me.

(Translation: my star, my wish, my little brother)

No! He can't do that! He is being stupid! How could he stay something like that? What does he even mean? You can't just escape a monster....

"Reggie, stop overthinking. Please, you need to breathe. You will end up, if you're not already, having a panic attack. James has these all the time, so trust me." He states.

James. Ugh, that boy. That beautiful, perfect, stupid boy! No! I can't think about James right now. What about mother?

"Regulus Arcturus Black! You will get out of your head and breathe." He said, this time more firmly.

This made me look up at him. He didn't yell. He didn't look mad. He looked concerned.

"Sirius... You can't fix broken glass." I say, softly.

"Can't you just 'Reparo' it?" Sirius asked.

"You- I- that's not the point, Sirius."

"Well, isn't it?" He said lightly.

"Sirius! She's a monster! She needs an heir and will stop at nothing to get it! Don't you understand this? Don't you get it? She knows where you stay! She just hasn't cared because I'm there with her. To be her heir! Sirius, please tell me you understand!" I say loudly, but not yelling.

I had stood up in the middle of this. I find myself pacing the small area of the car. Sirius noticed this, and pulled me back to sit down.

"Regulus, I do. You know I do, but don't you think people are wanting to help you? Who will protect you?" He asks, more as a statement.

"No."

"Reg, please! I am begging! I will even take your place! PLEASE!" He bursts out, grabbing both my hands. He was close to tears, with mine just teetering on the edge.

"I- Sirius. You can't go back. You don't deserve this."

"You don't either! What makes you think you do?" He exclaimed.

"I am a horrible brother! You are always here for me, willing to sacrifice your life for me! I can't even try to equate to you!" I try to explain.

"Oh but Reggie, you do! Every single day that I'm not there! I'm the horrible brother. I only come at the last minute! Always too late. Putting others in pain. So, let me do this one thing right. Just this once," He whispers the next part, "Please Reg, please trust me."

"Alright Sirius. I trust you." I say, as tears pool up and drop.

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ 𐂂 𓆓

Hi my loves! Sorry it's been quite a while!

How was your Valentine's Day?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed:)

Words: 1129