Chapter 30: Toujours Pur

Tw: Little bit of Drunk Reggie, mention of Walburga, the f-slur~ ⚠️when these happen skip to the next⚠️

James (first person) POV:

Regulus is drunk.

To the point that he is crying. He must have had a lot of champagne. I should have watched him. I should have been with him at least. So when I steer him up to bed, he is reluctant and gets distracted by everything.

He saw a tapestry and named it Bob, he also saw another student and tried to make friends. Yes, friends. We get in the dorm and his eyes go wide as he basically starts melting to the floor. He aggressively looked around and stood back up to face me.

"Jamieeeee?" He slurs.

"Yes, Reg?" I sigh.

"Are you putting me t-to beedd?"

"Yes, you are heavily drunk and I am fucking tired and drunk." I slowly explained.

"Oooo! You're going to bed with me!" He exclaimed, his voice getting high and giggly.

"Okayy- Let's get you to bed, shall we?"

I had to drag his whole body towards the bed, making a stop every time he saw something and wanted to stare at it intensely. When we finally get in bed, he is a giggling mess. I just want to sleep!

He keeps finding random, nonsensical things or objects funny. I decided to take him and pull him towards me. This shuts him up as he starts snuggling into my neck. I feel my eyes droop and my hands start to rest on his hair.

As soon as I do I feel a light sensation on my neck. Thinking it's his hair, I go to brush it away, but instead I hit skin. More or less a face. I open my eyes and realize that he is not only now starting to push my hand away, but is fucking kissing my neck.

Normally this wouldn't ever be a problem, but his brother and my friends are going to come in soon, and if they hear or see us doing anything other than sleeping, Sirius will faint.

"Mm, honey, you can't do that!" I softly whisper.

"Why not?" He huffs.

"Because your brot-holy shit- brother will come in soon." I explain, grabbing his hair.

He decides not to care or listen because he starts making a new hickey. Or two. I try to detach him from my neck but then he starts whining and I don't want him to cry. Luckily, he isn't putting much effort into them, so they are quite bearable.

"Honey, let's go to bed and I promise you can continue tomorrow." I reason.

"Nooooo, these are birthday kisses!" He hiccups.

"How about we have a birthday sleep?" I sigh.

"Oh! I've never had one of those!"

"Let's change that, yeah?" I tiredly responded.

"Mmm. Okay." He says, taking his lips off my skin and replacing it with his head.

"Good night, Reggie."

"Good night, my sun."

...

Over the past month, Regulus has refused to talk or even mention the party due to his embarrassing actions. The Marauders and I think it's very funny. He always says that he was drunk. I mean he was… But it was one of his only flaws. If that's even what you can call it.

Sirius keeps teasing him about it in the dorm. He knows not to talk to him outside though. However, I've noticed him being weary. Maybe I'm just being weird, but he seems to look over his shoulder more when he is with us.