{Chapter 2, page 2}

Previously...

"C'mon, I am hungry too~"

Present:

"So where are we going?" he asked as we walked out of the school gates. "How about the cafe down the street?" I asked. "Sure sounds good to me, haven't seen Aunty Nakia in a while." Just then his phone rang and a big grin appeared on his face. "Is it Maddison?" I asked as we walked towards the cafe. "Yeah. She wants to meet up." he said. "Well, what are you waiting for?" I asked. Could you tell Aunty Nakia that I said 'hi'? he asked. "Don't worry 'bout it. I got you." "Okay then. see ya tomorrow :)" he said as he ran off.

***

"Ah! Willa!! Its been a minute. How's mama?" Aunty Nakia, the owner of the cafe, exclaimed. "She holding up pretty well." I responded giving her a hug. "Tell her that I'll pass by on Friday and pick her up." She said as I pulled away. "Girl's night?" I asked. "Ofc~ Where is Enzo?" She asked. "Had something to do- but he said hi" I said. "Oh, okay. By the  way, have you meet my son? He came back from Europe and just started school today. You must have seen him." Aunty Nakia said as she sat me down. "What?? The so called 'Great Malik Amado' is back? And I haven't seen him??" I questioned surprised. "The one and only." She giggled.  To be honest, Amado moved away to Europe when I was in Elementary School so I barely remember a thing about him. "So, Willa, what will you be having?" She said getting up. "A vanilla chocolate fudge sundae please." 

"Somethings never change." I turned around to see a tall figure leaning on the door. "Amado, that you?" I asked getting off my seat leaving only my school bag. "You haven't changed a bit." I snorted. -As if i'd remember- I thought. "Can't say the same for you." He smirked as his eyes scanned me. "Hold up. Aren't you the guy who bumped into me earlier today???" I asked. "Oh! So you the short girl who couldn't keep her eyes off me~" He flirted. "Move out of the way, big oaf-- Kira??" Aiden said as his head popped out from behind Amado. "Aiden? I don't have time for this..." I said as he walked up to me. " What? Y'all know each other?" Amado asked. "He is my ex" I said as I turned to get my bag. "Kira, don't be like that" Aiden said as he turned me around. "Let's try this again" He said trying to kiss me. "I am done kissing frogs"

-i haven't even had my first kiss, what am i talking about??- I thought. 

"Aunty Nakia! I'll come back another time for that sundae. something came up with Enzo, I'll get going" I said as I pushed Aiden off me, picked my bag then left. "Hastton, see you around" Amado said as I left. "Not too soon hopefully" I grinned. I thought I heard him chuckle as I left. -do my ears deceive me?- I smirked.

Date: 21/2/24