Chapter 2: The Hotel

"Dad!" Charlie runs and hugs her father who had just arrived. "So glad you could make it!" she giggles and looks up to see her smiling father. "Of course my little applepie. Daddy will never miss such an important event as your hotel opening!" Lucifer replies in an optimistic voice, patting Charlie on her back. Charlie pulls away and looks at him with the most sparkly eyes he has ever seen, even in heaven. "Alright dear, it's clear that you're excited for your little project here." he chuckles lightly and gestures to the hotel, "How about you show me around and introduce me to your little employees here?" "Oh, of course dad! Come in!" she stands to the side while gesturing for him to come in. It was evident that she was so excited.

Lucifer walks in and sees the most.. weird place he's ever seen. It was pretty rundown, but it was clean. It had a few posters hanging 'Welcome to the Hazbin Hotel!' written in a sparkly font. "Did Charlie really do all this? Kind of surprising considering it's only been a few weeks since she left home." "Ah, well Charlie dear, how about you introduce me to your staff?" he suggests, "Maybe someone is helping her.". "Sure dad! Hey guys!!" she yells out, making a few demons come out.

Charlie walks over to one the looks like a cat with wings and a tophat. "Dad, this is Husk. He's our bartender!" "..pleased to meet you sir.." he grumbles, bowing down slightly before slightly raising the bottle of alcohol he has in his paws to drink, but then stops mid-way and begins to silently curse someone who keeps preventing him from drinking in front of guests. He isn't very friendly nor very qualified to be a bartender. Charlie chuckles nervously, "Sorry dad, Husk can be a little.. ehm.. disrespectful sometimes.." Husk just growls and leaves to take his place on the counter.

Charlie walks over to a tall, four-armed spider who looks like a.. takes exotic jobs. "And this is Angel! He's our promotor! He's really famous!" I realize that on the way, I had seen a poster with some.. explicit content, and it turns out the model in the picture is this guy? He bent over and put his two bottom hands on his knees to look at me. "What? Is this guy mocking me or something?"  "Didn't know the King of Hell was this hot~" he says in a flirty, annoying tone. "Sorry, not interested." I brush him off with a small laugh. "Ooo~ kinky~" "Alright well, let's move on!" Charlie cuts in, leading me to someone who looked like a moth.

Turns out that moth girl was Vagatha or Vaggie, Charlie's girlfriend. ".. Pleased to meet you as well Mr. Magne." she said in a quiet, kind of nervous tone. I chuckle heartily, she seems like the type to always be serious, and protect my daughter. "Please don't bother with the honorifics. Please just call me Lucifer, my daughter sometimes mentions you in her letters, and I fully support you two." I reply, a kind, or what I think is a kind smile on my face. She smiles as well, but this one looked genuine and really happy. "Thank you Mis- Lucifer. I'll be sure to treat your daughter well." I nod in approval to this, she was really nice and seemed dependable.

Next, she introduces me to Nifty, a little bug demon I find quite adorable at first glance. "Oooo~ you're a bad boy~!" She squeals in excitement, leaving me really confused. "Dad, this is Nifty, she's the one who cleans every nook and cranny of the hotel!" Charlie announces proudly. I look around, it really did seem to be very clean around, the structure itself was the thing that was making it look bad. Suddenly she twitched, "Whoops! I smell a bit of dirt in the kitchen!" and with that, she scurried off quickly. She was a bit strange but it's pretty clear that she was more dedicated to her job than anyone I've met so far.

Charlie grabs my hand and leads me to a nervous looking Sir Pentiouss, "S-sir P-Pentiouss at y-your service! Pleased to meet you s-sir!" he greets me in a nervous and shaky voice. "He's here to learn how to apologize and he's also our first client!" Charlie said 'client' with a bright smile on her face, it seems like visitors were quite rare. I smile, "Pleased to meet you as well Sir Pentiouss."