Chapter 23: City

[Uhh, before we start, there is a bit of radiosilence involved and also the shitty, shiny bald-headed Valentino. So prepare your insecticides and goodluck :)]

———————

The very next day, Lucifer wakes up. Of course, everyone was delighted, especially Charlie. Of course, Lucifer was still weak and confused but he was able to sit up and talk properly. However, the hotel did end up quite damaged after their fight and so someone had to go to the city to grab a few supplies. At the start, Angel and Cherri Bomb were going to be the ones to buy supplies for the hotel, until Charlie changed her mind considering their chaotic and explosive nature. They were more likely to just blow stuff up rather than do the actual task. Instead, she assigned it to Adam and Lute, because what could go wrong?

______________

They had recently been staying at the hotel and it would be dull if they didn't go out sometime. But just in case they get lost or kidnapped, Alastor was going to be their 'babysitter', as much as he was against it. "Come on Al! I wanna make them do something around the hotel!" Charlie begs him, Alastor standing in front of her with a disapproving look. "Charlie, your father just woke up and you need someone to help around with the hotel. I'm not going to be these two idiot's 'nanny'." he complains, not wanting to look over them. "How about another favor?" Charlie asks him, a slightly hopeful smile on her face. Alastor's smile widens as he stretches out his hand. "Oh well~ Can't resist a good deal after all." he replies, a sinister grin on his face. Charlie hesitantly shakes his hand, green voodoo magic sparkling all around them. Adam and Lute arrive at the scene, all dressed up and ready to go. "You ready twerp?" Adam asks Alastor rudely. Alastor rolls his eyes at the insolence. "Actually.. my dad wants to say something to you before you guys go, Adam and Alastor.." Charlie adds in, smiling nervously. Adam sighs deeply and begrudgingly stomps up the stairs to Lucifer's room, Alastor silently following behind him. Lute remains downstairs, sitting on the couch silently.

Adam slams the door open to Lucifer's room, finding him laying on the bed. "Alastor.." he calls out weakly. Adam watches them from the doorframe as Alastor teleports to the side of his bed through the shadows. "Yes Luci?" he replies, kneeling down beside the bed. Lucifer puts his hand to Alastor's cheek, and he holds his hand close. "Just deal with those two.. Until I get a little better.. Please? For the sake of Charlie?" Lucifer asks in a pitiful tone. Alastor's ears fold down and he nods, "Yes, in the meantime, you need to rest. I won't let you out of bed until you're better.", Lucifer nods in response before sitting up. Alastor tries to stop him, making him lie back down, "No, you need all the rest you can get. These exterminations are getting to you." he sternly scolds him, covering him back up with a blanket and tucking him in tightly. "I'll have Nifty make you some food in my absence, until then, you are not allowed to get out of bed okay?" he asks him, his antlers growing as worry envelopes his expression. Lucifer nods, looking at him with weak eyes, he coughs slightly, Alastor immediately gets the glass of water from his bedside table and gives it to him. Lucifer takes it and drinks, "Thanks.. for worrying about me Al." he replies, smiling at him softly. "I'll always be here in case you need help okay? Just call my name and I'll be right here." Alastor reassures him, stroking his hair lightly. Lucifer chuckles before pausing, "You should get going now Al, the faster you go shopping, the sooner you'll return." Lucifer softly says, taking his hand off his head. Alastor's smile softens before taking Lucifer's hand with the ring he gave him and kissing his ring finger. "Of course, wait for me darling~". Lucifer blushes slightly as he turns his head to the side, his hand touching his cheek in a gesture of shyness and embarrassment. "You big idiot, get outta here now." he jokingly says. Alastor's ears perk up before flashing a wide grin at him and teleporting out of the room.

Adam watched them from the doorframe, his face contorted with disgust. "Man, you fuckers are corny as fuck." he tells him teasingly. Suddenly, Lucifer glares at him, the door closes behind Adam, pushing him into the room. "You better protect him." he demands Adam. Adam scoffs, looking down at his weak form, "You really expect me to be a fucking bodyguard?" he asks mockingly. "Now then." Lucifer claps his hands, his eyes turning red and his horns sprouting. The whole room also suddenly undergoes a huge change, the wallpaper turning circus-themed and fires started all around them. He laughs maniacally as his wings spread out and he flew up, looking down on the confused and shocked Adam. "THE FUCK DUDE? ALL THIS TIME AND YOU WERE GOOD?! WHAT'S WITH ALL THAT BULLSHIT ACTING EARLIER?" Adam yells at him, the flames slowly encircling him. "YOU. BETTER. PROTECT. MY. FIANCÉ!" he threatens him, his demonic voice echoing all around the room. Adam falls on his behind, all scared yet confused. "YEAH SURE! FUCK DUDE. JUST ASK NICELY!" he screams back, backing away from him. "GOOD." Lucifer replies, pointing at the door. "NOW GET OUT! please." he demands him. Adam scrambles towards the door, opening it and slamming it, breathing heavily. "Well FUCK YOU!" Adam yells through the door, flipping his middle finger before running downstairs.