Chapter 21: Forced

It had been three weeks since their engagement and it was due time for another extermination. As before, Alastor had swiftly said his goodbyes to the cast before disappearing without a trace. Although this worried them, they didn't really care since it was Alastor and he could surely handle any problem by himself. Lucifer however, was beginning to get a bit paranoid. Between the unknown means that Alastor used to get the ring that he has on his finger right now, and his frequent disappearances, it was starting to get a little weird, but he wasn't too worried since Alastor was always weird after all. Husk seemed to be happier nowadays without him around since it meant that he was free to do whatever he wants in the meantime without anyone to boss him around.

Meanwhile, in heaven, they were having a meeting that the 'Speaker Angel' was required to attend as the new lead of the exterminators. Sera, Sir Pentious and Emily were especially concerned. The big G had issued a new decree, and it wasn't one they were looking forward to at the moment. It was concerning the new 'Hazbin Hotel' which had been to talk of heaven for quite a while now because of Sir Pentious's ascension. Currently, Sera had arranged a small appointment with the Speaker Angel to discuss the new rule.

——————
No one's pov:

Alastor sits on the chair quietly, back in his angel form, he was waiting for Sera to begin. Sera takes a deep breath as she prepares to break the news to him. "Speaker Angel, I know that.. you aren't too keen of your job as a replacement for Adam.. and that you are in agreement with the Princess of Hell's idea of this 'hotel'.. so you might not like what I am about to tell you." Sera begins, sounding tense and serious as she clenches her hands together. "Indeed.. but what does my beliefs have to do with anything?" he asks her back, sounding equally serious and curious. "God.. isn't too happy with his granddaughter's little project.. and he thinks that she was affected by her delusional father, and so..", the Speaker Angel narrows his eyes at her while rubbing the ring on his finger. He wasn't too keen on hearing his beloved fiancé's name be disrespected. "He has personally requested you to.. destroy that hotel." Sera finishes, her hands clenched even tighter, ready for the Speaker Angel's outburst. Instead, the Speaker Angel takes a deep sigh, "And what if I quit my job before that?" he asks sarcastically. Sera sighs, "You cannot. We, Seraphims are obliged to follow his orders, if so not, we shall fall." she replies, "So what if I fall?" Sera gasps. "SPEAKER ANGEL! We shall talk about divine punishment so lightly! Besides, there is one more task." she shouts at him. Speaker Angel clenches his staff tightly, "Ahahaha! So you order me to go against true justice, and now you want me take another from you like a dog?!" he shouts at her, his wings largening. "Calm down! Your task is to.. Kill Lucifer." Sera finishes. Speaker Angel stands up before raising his arm. A white tentacle appears out of nowhere and strangles Sera, "YOU DARE ME?! I SHALL SHOW YOU HELL WORST THAN LUCIFER'S!" he shouts at her as he tightens his grip. Sera struggles against his grasp, her eyes all opened up and flashed the brightest light anyone has ever seen. Alastor freezes in place, even the wings covering his face couldn't block the light. He was clearly not too fond of bright lights as it makes him feel like a deer in the headlights.

"SPEAKER ANGEL! I have endured everything you told me to do. NOW IT IS TIME FOR YOURS!" she shouts at him as bright heavenly chains appear from above, binding around the Speaker Angel tightly. He struggles against them but it was no use. "HAH! Teamed up with the bigger man now huh Sera?! DON'T THINK I WOULDN'T RECOGNIZE THESE CHAINS AS GOD'S!" He shouts at her, still struggling. "Speaker Angel.. I didn't want to have to do this to you.. But it needs to be done. We cannot have another fallen." she replies coldly as she narrows her eyes. She leaves the room, not even looking back at the deer angel. Alastor struggles against the chains, but the more he pulls against it, the more tightly his chains become. He cries. He cries because he didn't want to do it. He cries because it meant that he would have to betray Lucifer and Charlie's love and trust. He cried because he never wants to do it. He cried, but no tears came out. Only verbal sobs could be heard from him as the chains tightened more. It was to the point where it cut into his skin, golden blood spilling everywhere. It was to the point where even just moving a bit, could get his hands, feet, wings, and head cut off. He desperately still tried to get free, these were the 'Chains of God', the unbreakable chains that held Lucifer himself when he was condemned to damnation. Even though the carpet underneath him was soaked with blood, he never stopped struggling. He needed a way to get out of here, to warn his lover, to prevent himself from betraying his friends. Despite the pain, he chuckles, realizing that he had become an actual altruist. He finally managed to get one of his hands free, though it was useless since he nearly couldn't move his fingers anymore. He grunts in pain as he persevered, raising his arm and tightening it. A bright glow emits from his body as his wings stretch out and broke the shackles they were bound in, his hands and feet getting freed as well. But no matter how much he struggled, he couldn't free his head. The chain around his neck pulled him upwards, hard. He rose up into the air, fast as lightning, his wings couldn't keep up and he was starting to choke. He rose up and up, eventually stopping at an area beyond the clouds. Where gold and silver was visible everywhere, a large being with a hat and many eyes surrounding it sat. He was the one who pulled the Speaker Angel's chain.