Chapter 3: Hidden Simping

Over the past few weeks I've spent at the hotel, I had Angel teach me how to flirt. Although he did seem very confused about it, he didn't question it since it was me asking. Other than that, I helped Charlie and Nifty run some chores around the hotel. Charlie told me that usually it was Alastor who did this with them, but lately he hasn't been outside his room except when it was time to eat, or sometimes he didn't come down at all. It was pretty weird, at least to me, he didn't seem like the shy type of guy, why hasn't he been going out since I arrived? Even his broadcasts are being heard less than often these past few days. It was almost like he was avoiding everyone since I went here. Other than that, he seemed to have no respect for me whatsoever, always teasing and making me look stupid in front of others.

Early in the afternoon, I was helping Charlie out with cooking some venison. She told me that this was Alastor's favorite, "Hm? That can't be right.. From what I recall when I was watching him in the mortal realm, his favorite was jambalaya.." I thought to myself as Charlie sprinkled some rosemary on top. "That smells delicious Charlie, I'm sure he'd like it a lot." I place my hand on her shoulder as she looked at me with practically glowing eyes. "Really you think so Dad? I really miss his company, he used to help me a lot, but these past few weeks, he hasn't been going out of his room a lot.." I hug her gently as she hugged me back. "How about I request him myself? I'm sure he won't refuse." I suggested to her, "Really? Thanks dad! The only reason we haven't been near his room is because he hates getting disturbed. So, it might be better to knock first!"

As I walk out the kitchen to head upstairs, I think about what I was going to do. The only reason I suggested this in the first place is because I wanted to talk to him one-on-one, and maybe even become friends. I slowly started to go up the steps, thinking about what I was going to say. I strolled across the hallway and towards his room. This was getting a bit nerve-wracking. Considering my often nervous and hesitant attitude towards him, I might just screw this up before I even start. But I never really publicly admitted that to anyone, to everyone else, I just looked like I was annoyed and confident. I arrive in front of his door, trying to look more confident and cool. I took a deep breath as I knocked on his door.

———————

Over the past few weeks, I haven't been going out of my room often, usually keeping my shadow by my side for companionship. It hasn't been easy using my shadow to sneak out the window without getting noticed by Lucifer. I often stayed at Rosie's house for tea and made a few broadcasts in my radio tower, which I have lately neglected due to a few demons who have been pestering me nonstop. They have been following me when I am walking around in the shadows, of course, I know that they were Vox's minions, which wasn't difficult to ascertain due to the little cameras embedded in their heads. Though I can't help but thank Vox. Even though their heads were cameras, their fleshy body remained the same. It was basically like free food for me. At the few times I have stayed at the hotel, I was usually asleep, watching them with my shadow, or going down to dine with them occasionally. From what I've heard from the others, it seems like Lucifer was taking over my duties to look after Charlie, how nice for a father to do when he wasn't even present in his daughter's life most of the time.

On one such occasion when I was fixing my bow, I heard a soft knock on the door, I knew instantly it was Lucifer. No one else would have the guts to approach my room. I sigh to myself, "What could the King of Hell want with my presence?" I ask myself as I reach for my staff before opening the door. I look down on Lucifer as he looks up at me with confidence and vigor. "Why is he acting like this? What does he want from me?" "Greetings, shorty. What is it that you want from me now?" I ask, bending so that I can look down at him.

———————

"I take it back." I thought to myself as I look up at him. Just looking up at him gives me butterflies. "Fuck, why's my heart beating so fast? I'm pretty sure that it only happens when I have a stroke. Am I having a stroke? Why is he so handsome? Was he always this charming up close? Wait- why am I thinking all this? Act cool, act cool. You can't let him know.". "It has come to my attention that lately, you haven't been coming to dine with us. So I am here to request you to come for lunch." "Why did I say it so formally? He's going to think that I'm so weird!". It wasn't like me to panic so much, but I'm confident in the poker face I have honed over the years as King of Hell. He can't have noticed my red cheeks right? "I- Uh- Charlie wants you to have lunch with us.." "Shit. why do I sound so nervous?". He leans in closer, towards my face. "It seems like something else is preoccupying your mind, your highness." I was startled by the sudden closeness and immediately looked away. Why was I being so awkward? The tension is killing me. "Maybe I should just confess.. Ahh, nevermind. He won't reciprocate my feelings. But.. maybe I should just try, but in a subtle way.", "Ah yes, indeed. Something very important and quite emotional is bothering me." he raises and eyebrow, his smile ever so present of his face shows a bit curiosity. "And what may that be? Can't you do it yourself little 'elf'?". "Gosh, I have a crush on him but he's just so annoying. He sure has a way with words.", "Ah-yes. Yes indeed. I can clearly do it by myself. Charlie just wants me to get you." I leaned in on my tip-toes, face to face with Alastor. "So don't think too much of yourself dipshit.", "Fuck, I'm so close to him, I can just practically smell jambalaya and blood in his breath." . Suddenly Angel suddenly appears down the hallway, wearing some heart-shaped sunglasses and a fur coat. It seems like he just got back from his job. When he saw us, he used his upper left hand to take off his sunglasses as he looks at us in shock. "Am I uh- interrupting somethin'? I mean, is this the reason why you've been takin' those shitty lessons in-" I turned away from Alastor as I hurried to interrupt Angel, I can't have him spilling my stupid secret. "Shut up! No one asked, and you can go fuck yourself somewhere else.". Angel was surprised that I was so angry, he then walks away, a bit shaken but fine. Alastor looks at me curiosly. It was clear that he had also not expected an outburst from me so suddenly. "Hmm? And what seems to bother you so much? Is it perhaps.." his eyes glint with malice and mischievousness, "..a love interest?". "Goddamn it, why is he always correct?" I cross my arms and huffed. "Even if it was, which it's not, it's none of your damn business you nosy deer." Alastor grins then steps out of his room and closes the door behind him. "Oh my, you should beware. One of these days, you're going to hear about the King of Hell having a crush on someone on the radio." I roll my eyes in annoyance. He really is annoying when he wants to be, and it isn't helping that he's so close to me. I can practically feel my cheeks burning up as he proceeds to walk away. "Ugh, I need to follow him so Charlie thinks that I convinced him."

We both headed downstairs, Charlie being delighted that Alastor had come down from his room. "Al!" she presented him the venison, which he gratefully accepted. Just watching this scene made me feel a bit left out, so I hurriedly went over to also join in the conversation. "Charlie, I think that you should call your other friends here now. The food's starting to get cold." she nods and happily hops out of the room, going to call the other employees. Once again, I was alone with Alastor. Awkward silence enveloped us and I opened my mouth to speak to him, but to my surprise, he spoke up first. "So who is it?" he asks, "Who's what?" I ask back, slightly angry. even though I already know what he's talking about, it's still embarrassing to even think about. "Oh come on, tell me who is your.. 'love interest'." he runs his finger along the edges of the table, I cover my mouth with my left hand as I begin to blush. "Goddamnit, he's just running his finger around the edges of the table. Why is that so hot?!", I cleared my throat as I prepare to refuse him again. It was bad enough him knowing that I have a crush on someone, I can't have him know it's actually him. "It- It's no one! I told you I don't have one!"

---------------

I lean in closer to him, practically looking down on Lucifer from above. "Aww, is someone st-stuttering?" I ask, a glint of amusement and mockery present in my voice. Lucifer, is clearly hiding something. Something that would like to blackmail him with. "You're getting so nervous now Mr. King." I lean even closer. "Mind telling me why?" I smirk as I see him get all tensed up. Now this was definitely very interesting and entertaining. It is quite rare seeing such a vulnerable and petty side of the great King of Hell. "Fine! I do like someone, but I'm not telling you!" Lucifer finally admitted. It wasn't easy getting him to admit, well it was, but it was too funny to let this opportunity pass by. I laugh as I look at Lucifer's red face which was turned away from me, his arms crossed. "The poor person. Even I'd feel pity for them. " I sneered at him as Lucifer turns and stomps away, clearly upset and annoyed.

----------------

[Author here! Thanks for reading this! This is pretty cringe ngl, also cliffhanger! Bc why not. Please forgive my inconsistent updates. My schedule has been so busy lately.]