Chapter 16

(Everybody loves a clown, S2 E2)

After a few moments of silent tension, Sam walked back towards them.

"Rakshasa."

"Bless you." Erica and Dean replied sarcastically in unison.

Sam rolled his eyes, "Ellen's best guess. It's a race of ancient Hindu creatures. They appear in human form, they feed on human flesh, they can make themselves invisible, and they can not enter a home without first being invited."

"So they dress like clowns, so little kids will let them in, hense letting them attack the parents." Erica said.

"Yeah, but then why wouldn't they munch on the kids, too?" Dean asked, Erica and Sam shrugging.

"No idea. Not enough meat on the
bones, maybe?" Sam suggested.

"What else you find out?"

"Well, apparently, Rakshasas live in
squalor. They sleep on a bed of dead insects-"

"Please tell me your joking." Erica interrupted, Dean and Sam looking at her in confusion. "I hate those bitches, alive or dead. Little creepy crawly freaks."

"Keeping a mental note of that information." Dean snickered, Erica glaring at him.

Sam chuckled before continuing, "They have to feed a few times every 20 or 30 years. Slow metabolism, I guess."

"Well, that makes sense. I mean, the
carnival today, the Bunker Brothers in '81." Dean said, putting the pieces together.

"Right. Probably more before that."

"Well, you two, who worked both shows?" Erica said.

"Cooper." The brothers muttered, looking at each other.

Erica nodded, "The picture of Coopers dad in his office, they looked a little similar. To similar."

"You think maybe it was him?" Dean
asked.

"Well, who knows how old he is." Sam replied with a shrug.

"Ellen say anything about how to kill him?" Erica asked, Sam nodding.

"Legend goes a dagger made of pure
brass.'' Sam stated.

"I think I know where to get one of
those."

"Well, before we go stabbing things
into Cooper, we're going to want to
make damn sure it's him." Sam replied sternly.

"Oh, you're such a stickler for details, Sammy," Dean teases, making Erica snicker and Sam smile, "Alright, me and Eri will go hunt down the blade, you go check if Cooper has bed bugs."

°•■•°•■•°•■•°•■•°

"What's on your mind?" Erica asked Dean after Sam went his own way.

"Mostly just the case."

"Mostly?"

Dean looked over at Erica, "Don't you miss college? Your normal life?"

"Hell yes, Dean. But that life's gone now, and even if I miss it, I don't think I want it back." Erica replied honestly.

"So, you're happy?"

"Well, I'd be happy if I could find anything about this damn Deity thing," Erica stopped walking, making eye contact with Dean, "But, I'm pretty happy when I'm with you."

Dean hesitated for a moment before putting his left hand on her waist and his right cupping her face.

"Is this- is this okay?" He asked before Erica gently pulled him in by his collar, and kissed him.

Dean pulled her closer and softly bit her lip, asking for entrance.

"God, I wish we had a vehicle right now." Erica mumbled against Dean's lips.

"Maybe we can convince Sam to go get food when we get back to the motel room." Dean snickered with a shrug.

Erica took a deep breath, "Okay, but in the meantime, we have work to do."

"Right." Dean assured as they pulled away, adjusting his collar.

"You're a good kisser, Sullivan." He commented as they continued walking down the road.

"If you think that was good, you're in for a pleasant suprise."