Chapter 17

Hazel

My eyes widen and my cheeks flush and I blush bright red, did I hear that correctly? I don't know if I heard that properly.
I feel his grip on me tighten and I move my hands to caress the back of his hair. Does it matter how he said it though..?
He wants me, right?

I swallow hard and I avoid his gaze for a moment.
"Could you repeat that?" I mumble

He chuckles slightly and tilts my head towards his by my neck. Causing his breath to hit mine as he speaks, barely above a whisper.
"You belong to me, Hazel Ford."

I blush even brighter red and he smiles slightly at my reaction then finally, putting me down to my feet. And he presses his forehead against mine, closing his eyes as he takes in a deep breath.
"Goddammit—you drive me so damn crazy.."

I don't even know what to say, I'm speechless at this point. He opens his eyes after a moment and caresses my cheek gently, rubbing it gently with his thumb. I find myself leaning into his touch and that seems to surprise him.
Our eyes lock in and he leans in closer, our lips inches apart.

He's about to kiss me when suddenly his phone rings and he steps away as he takes his phone out of his pocket, checking the contact then he walks straight out of the kitchen and out of my apartment door.
And I fall down to my knees as I bury my face in my palms, blushing beet red at the realization. He actually was about to kiss me, Nick was about to kiss me..

Holy shit, that...idiot.