chapter six

Sumi has been training well. She has been meditating and using other similar methods to find her spiritual energy. And once she does that, using it wouldn't be all that difficult. However while she trains with Sama, commander Asahi has begun to search for a group. The group consists of only a few members but they have been around since the start of the war. But only recently have they been active. He is tracking their movements with a small team. The team consists of his son Ichiro and a small unit of soldiers as well as himself of course. The soldiers were dressed in armor that was mostly dark blue but it had two yellow stripes that met opposite of the heart. It was not the prettiest to look at but it was the simple of their kingdom and thus an honor to wear it. Although only the soldiers wore the armor, Asahi and his son wore the same martial arts outfit which was black all throughout. They were searching at a village. It was small and burned to pieces and was littered by bodies of the villagers which were in no better shape than the village.
  Damage like this could only be caused by fire, one of the soldiers said to the commander. No all these buildings and people they were not burned over time they were all scorched in an instant. Fire can't do that, which means it was a sub art of some kind. Although this could have only happened recently. I'd say a few days ago at most. Now we must find the direction they went in. Sir wouldn't it make sense for them to go to the nearest village, the same soldier said. Yes but there are two of those at pretty much the same distance in opposite directions from this village. So we will cover them both, we will split into two units. One led by me and the other by my son. But commander our forces are already small, splitting us would be too risky, a soldier interjected. Don't worry I have reinforcements coming soon, I will use my technique to communicate the info we have acquired. Now Ichiro go, you take the left and I will go right. Ichiro leaves with half of their manpower. Now all that's left to do is relay the Intel we have. Lightning art: long range flash transmission.
  Message received commander, we will proceed accordingly. Sama had received the transmission from the commander. The message in question told her that as soon as training with Sumi was completed they both were to take a unit and support them. Under normal circumstances it would take years or even decades for this training to yield any fruit. However sumi had grown up in a war ravaged wasteland and that made her strong. And the fighting made her skilled, and that raised her mana levels to be considerably higher than they would normally be for someone who'd never used magic before. She was also grasping the spells quickly so she needed only a few weeks of training to fight with great power. It has been two weeks since she began her training and Sama already thought to test the results of her efforts. So this was a perfect opportunity. Although they will need a bit more time to perfect her training