chapter fifteen

Naku laid on the ground with a hole through his heart. He already knew it, he was going to die. But as his life was fading something interesting happened. His eyes shined red for only a moment and then it disappeared. He could remember now who he was. A few years before the war began he lived an ordinary life. But he wasn't alone, he had a sister who was fifteen at the time. He was twelve years old. They had no parents and had been on their own from the start. His sister was named Yuka and she always saw it as her duty to protect him. But she also played with him often. She even helped him take baths even though he had always been petrified of water. But all those fun times changed one day. They were playing in their house but it was getting late so Yuka decided it was bedtime. As she was tucking him in, an explosion had engulfed their house. They were blasted out of their house but still left alive. Yuka was looking at Naku to see if he was alright. But that left her blind to the man right behind her. With one fast move he thrusted his hand through her chest killing her instantly. That devastated Naku as the only thing he had in this world was taken away. This man wore a cloak but his eyes were visible through it. They were bright red. Naku was taken control of by this man and forced to harbor a demon within him. He was made to do the bidding of this man. That is how he came to be in Akuma. Now that he is approaching the after life he can finally remember he is free from the control of that man. Tears come to his eyes as he will be able to join his sister but he's sad that they could not have lived happily. Very soon I will be gone so before that happens I would like to make a request, Naku spoke to Sumi and Ichiro and now the commander who had come to his feet just in time to hear this. All which I have done to you I am sorry, I was under the control of another. He is one of the ten puppet masters, and the most powerful of them as well. Please I beg you, you must kill him. He is one of the reasons this war has started and as long as he lives it can not end. Then the light had faded from his eyes as he died. Sumi at that same moment fell to the ground, she was already unconscious through all of it but now she is no longer moving. Sumi are you alright, Ichiro asked in shock of everything that had unfolded. Father what the hell has happened and what was he talking about. The ten puppet masters is a group consisting of ten of the best puppet masters. Five black puppet masters and five white puppet masters. The white puppet masters control monsters and demons using techniques exclusively known to them. Black puppet masters control humans through similar methods. He was probably referring to a man named Daku; he was considered the best puppet master. It was said he could control someone just by making eye contact, however know one has seen him for centuries. He was said to be the reason the ten puppet masters collapsed but that was hundreds of years ago. I figured he was dead but maybe not. He's a scary story that even I had heard when I was young. If he is still alive then only darkness will follow. We will have to search for him to either confirm his death or life but first Sumi and us aren't doing too well. We need to return to the city.