Chapter 12.

Minnesota POV. 

I wake to the birds chirping and the sun shining through my window. I hate both. 

Birds have it out to get me, they will dive bomb me whenever they feel like it. And let's just say they have a mouth like a sailor. 

The sun is just plain annoying. Like when your driving and it decides to be in the worst place possible just to get in you eyes and on your nerves. And in Minnesota winters it shines off the snow making it even brighter and giving me head aches. 

I groan as I roll over and shove my face into my pillow. 

"Not a morning person huh?" I hear a chuckle from my doorway. I bolt upright and my blankets fall off my body. His eyes go wide as he examines my chest. Boobs more like. 

I remember I took my shirt off in the middle of the night because I was over heating. I look down for a second as I take in my situation. I had my bra on, but it wasn't the most modest one I owned. It was teal and lacey, it also didn't cover me the whole best. 

I snatch the blankets back up and cover my chest.

"So" I say awkwardly. He shifts uncomfortably from foot to foot and it takes every thing in me not to look or comment on the tent in his pants. 

"My mom sent me up to ask if you wanted breakfast" he says as he rubs the back of his neck. It was hot

"Sure! I would kill for some bacon" I say with a giggle. 

"Here," he tosses some clothes on my bed. "Some of Biana's close we thought would fit" he tells me as he starts backing away towards the door way.

"Thanks" I tell him. "Oh and Fitz?" I ask him. He turns his head towards me in acknowledgement. "Sorry" I tell him sheepishly. He gives me a soft smile. 

"It's ok. I've seen worse" he says with a wink. I giggle. "Anyway, see you down stairs" he tells me with a small wave. 

"See ya" I say even though he's already out. 

I get up and take a look at my outfit. It's a white sundress with blue flowers at the edge and has on strap that wraps all the way around my neck. It's soft material and is stretchy. It rests just above my knees. 

I walk towards the mirror and almost shriek. I look horrid. 

My hair is sticking out in all directions as if it was in a hurricane and tsunami. Under my eyes are dark with mascara and sleep deprivation. I have two, count them two, drool lines coming from each side of my mouth. Thankfully my eyeliner stayed in place through out the night. 

Oh God, Fitz saw me like this. 

I fix my hair with a hair brush from the bathroom, I brush my teeth and wipe under my eyes. I clean the dried drool off my chin and cheeks. I get dressed and unclip the straps of my bra, making it a strapless one. 

Finally, after I adjust my black nose ring and try to fluff my eye lashes a bit trying to make them seem even longer, and I try to head down stairs.

The key word in that sentence it try. I get lost almost immediately. And I tried to retrace my steps and ended up getting even more lost. Their house is so big. Beautiful and enchanting, but big and confusing. At last I give up. 

Fitz? I transmit hoping to find his mind. 

Sophie? he asks back. I try not to take it personally. But I was a little bit hurt, I'm not sure why though.

Nope I tell him as I slide against the wall and sit on the cold hard floor.

Minn? he asks. 

Yep! I reply hoping I sound cheerful.

Oh hey! What's up? he asks. How did I get myself in this situation. 

So, uh. I kinda got lost in your big fancy house? I laugh nervously. I'm so embarrassed! Who gets lost in some ones house? Only you Minnesota. Only you. 

Ha! he laughs softly. Give me a key thing in your surroundings. he tells me. I look around and nothing stands out to me except a vase. 

There's a white vase with small purple flowers painted on it. It's holding a branch of dead leaves I tell him.

Oh, I know where you're talking about! I'll be there in a minute! he tells me cheerfully. 

I sit there for a minute just sitting and swinging my feet back and forth. A few minutes in I feel a sharp pain on my hand. 

There sits a small light green fluffy creature. And it bit my hand. 

"Why hello there! That wasn't very kind now was it?" I tell the little creature. Well I chirp it. I've able to do even before the experiments with my mother. 

"Food" he chirps back. He has big lime green colored eyes and small wet pink nose. 

"I'm sorry, I don't have any food. But I'm heading to breakfast now. Want me to take you with me and get you something to eat?" I ask him. I put my hand out for him to crawl into. 

"Yes" he replies. He steps into my hand. I scratch behind his ears and his neck. 

"Yes what?" I ask him. He may be an animal, but that doesn't mean I can't try and teach him some proper etiquette.  

"Yes please" he asks and snuggles further into my hand. I giggle as the his soft fur tickles the palm of my hand. 

"Wait, can you speak to him?" I hear from down the hall. I jump about a foot in the air almost dropping the poor critter. I think my soul has left my body. 

I look over and see Fitz and Biana standing there with their eyes wide and their jaws as well. 

"Yeah, I have been for as long as I can remember" I shrug. "Let's get to breakfast. I promised this little guy some food" I say with a small wink in the little creatures direction. We start walking in silence. But it isn't awkward silence. I decide to break it anyway. "So what exactly is he?" I ask Fitz. 

"He's an Imp, Sophies Imp. She named him Iggy" he says with a small laugh. 

"Huh" Is my only reply. We finally make it to the kitchen. I see a pretty lady standing by a table. She looks identical to Biana. But I guess I should say Biana looks identical to her.

"Minnesota! It's so great to meet you! How did you sleep?" the lady asks me. She pulls me into a tight hug before pulling me out to arms length to get a good look at me. 

"Really good! That bed was way to comfortable, I may just try to live there now" I say making us both giggle. 

"They are very comfortable. I tried a human bed once, can't say I was impressed" she says as she makes a mock horrified face. I laugh. "By the way, you are gorgeous!" she says as she tucks a piece of my blond hair behind my ear. "But you look oddly familiar" she mumbles.

"I'm Keefe's twin sister, and apparently my mother is this gazelle lady" I tell her. Her mouth makes an O shape. 

"Well, what a small world!" she laughs I join in. "Come! Come! I have breakfast!" she pulls away from me and walks towards the table. 

She sits at one of the heads of the table and Biana sits next to her. Fitz sits at the other side of table next to the other head chair. I take a seat next to him. 

On the long table are maybe silver platers with coverings. It all smells fantastic, but I sadly can't smell any bacon. That's when I remember elves don't eat meat. I don't think I'll be able to survive.