Chapter 1

i hope you enjoy. 

REN

I returned home soaked in pop, cursing underneath my breath at the situation that took place not too long ago.

"Listen kid, the guy didn't mean to spill pop on ya," My manager's eyebrows furrowed together at the situation, she knew it wasn't my fault.

She paced around the room, slowly, she knew how short my temper was. A kid wanted to be funny and to impress his friends, to do so; he poured his fresh-iced to the brim- pop onto my head and laughed. Why me?? You could have gotten the brat Jessica who always misses her shifts.

"Come on, forgive 'em. He didn't mean to. okay?" she tried to persuade me, anger rising.

"Sure. just like your wife didn't mean to leave you," I spat. The manager groaned in disbelief. "Look, just take the day off to yourself-"

"No. I'm fine. Promise." I say quickly. Lord knows my family needs the money. I can sulk cause my manager's chill, but I will never get off early just cause I'm soaked in...sprite? Coke? Kid made a choice. He chose all of them.

buttoning up my spare uniform with my sticky hands I close my locker with a small bang. I look up to find the manager looking at me with pity. Something I don't wanna see. "Fine. If you need a break, tell me at any time. You're one of my best."

She patted my back slowly and sighed. "Go clean the popcorn machine buddy, tell your mama I said hi as soon as you get off," she walked back out to the front, threw the door and went to call the kid's parents. From the look on the kids face, I will definitely get even through whoever she called.

And it was totally fun watching the payback that ensued once his mother got there.

I cleaned the greasy popcorn machine and chatted with my coworker friends. After cleaning up some big-butt theater rooms, it was the end of my shift, clocking out and saying goodbye. I started to walk my way home.

"Goodnight Ren, sure you don't need a ride?" Maddy (certified bad b) hollered at me. waving at me while walking backwards to her car, her brown short hair swayed with the night wind.

"No maddy, I wanna get robbed tonight. obvi. Night," I told her. She laughed at my dry humor, her voice turning smaller and smaller as I trudged through the darkness. The familiar streets of the nights, the paths, and headed to the small apartment complex some rich CEO definitely exploits that we live in.

Which brings me back to here.

"Mom, I'm home," I called out quietly. About this time she comes back from the Bowling rink not far from our apartment.

I hear a muffled voice call out, then the voice becomes clearer and familiar, "Hey sweetie," her tired voice rang from the living room, tiredly. I crept up to her, fixing the blanket she was sporting, "how was work?" she rubbed her temples, asking.

"some douche kid poured their juice on my head," I pointed out my sticky dark brown hair to her, exaggerating, "I swear, I was gonna call the Pope for some holy water, the childs a demon! But guess who can beat the devil? Drum roll~~ his own mother! She stormed in and chewed him out right in front of everyone, I swear, she was something else." Mom smiled a little at my story. My shoulders relaxed when her movements went from rigid, to soft.

Knock knock

Mom got up from the couch, about to head to the door. "I'll get the door. Just sit tight." I sat her back down. she watched me unlock the door, worriedly, as i looked head on at Regina George herself. Kate's babysitter- my ex- in the eyes.